Author Topic: Actually switch/minimize/maximize windows, instead of taskbar orange flashing?  (Read 1534 times)

mirage335

Intermittently, particularly for a newly opened application, instead of actually switching to the application, MS Windows will simply flash the taskbar entry orange, until it is manually clicked on.

When this happens, it is an inconvenience to such commands as "toggle desk", which enable/disable desktop monitor VR overlays like OVRDrop.

Some of these commands are included in this VA profile.
https://github.com/mirage335/extendedInterface/blob/master/support/voiceattack/DEFAULT-MSW-Profile.vap

I have tried such things as documented here without any luck.
https://www.thewindowsclub.com/disable-flashing-taskbar-buttons-windows

Consequently, I am looking for a way to generally disable all forms of focus stealing protection under MS Windows. As I only use MS Windows for a few highly specialized applications (ie. flight simulators), there is absolutely no need whatsoever for this behavior.

This started happening after some or other bunch of MS Windows updates.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
All I can personally say is that this happens on my machine as well.

Programmatical focus switching randomly breaks (not just for VoiceAttack, I have tried a number of API functions, with the "known" workarounds, in a standalone application, and it still won't work consistently or sometimes at all).

I have also had new windows spawned by applications not get a taskbar entry at all and only being visible in the Alt-Tab view (in addition to the actual window), and the taskbar not hiding automatically like it should until the start menu has been opened and closed.

At this point I'm just hoping the issue will fix itself with some random update, just as it likely broke in the first place.

mirage335

Thank you for confirming, but of course, the lack of a solution is extremely disappointing!  :'(

Any idea as to where might be a good place to escalate this with Microsoft?

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
I don't know whether it's even possible to truly escalate things like this as a regular user, but you can certainly report it.

mirage335

Thanks. For now, looks like the community forums are the way to go.