Author Topic: How can i have global commands to work everywhere?  (Read 1050 times)

polynut

How can i have global commands to work everywhere?
« on: February 01, 2020, 11:04:16 AM »
Hi guy's

Currently start a global profile to control windows 10 and i made a path of exile profile but i cannot figure how to have the global commands also available in other profiles, do  i have to copy all global commands and paste it in every single other profiles for it to work?

Also is it possible to make a voice command to switch profile?

Gary

• Administrator
Re: How can i have global commands to work everywhere?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2020, 11:20:03 AM »
If you create a profile and indicate that profile in Options > General > Global Profiles, the commands in that profile will be available to each of your other profiles (that is, unless there are commands in your other profiles that are named the same - those will override the commands in the global profile).

Hope that helps!

polynut

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2020, 03:01:38 PM »
If you create a profile and indicate that profile in Options > General > Global Profiles, the commands in that profile will be available to each of your other profiles (that is, unless there are commands in your other profiles that are named the same - those will override the commands in the global profile).

Hope that helps!

Thank Gary this is exactly what i was looking for, have a nice weekend!

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2020, 03:26:37 PM »
If you want to include the commands from other profiles into your current profile, click on the '...' and select the profile(s) that you want include.

There is also the global profile setting available from the Options screen as described earlier - you don't need to include those with your profiles, they're automatically included.

If you search VoiceAttack's help document (press F1 while VoiceAttack has focus), search for the option names ('Include commands from other profiles' and 'Global Profiles') for more information on what these features are for and how to use them.

polynut

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2020, 10:25:59 AM »
If you want to include the commands from other profiles into your current profile, click on the '...' and select the profile(s) that you want include.

There is also the global profile setting available from the Options screen as described earlier - you don't need to include those with your profiles, they're automatically included.

If you search VoiceAttack's help document (press F1 while VoiceAttack has focus), search for the option names ('Include commands from other profiles' and 'Global Profiles') for more information on what these features are for and how to use them.

Thank for the tips Gary and i am starting to have fun with VA now that i understand a bit better how it is working.