Author Topic: How can i get the show numbers like in windows speech recognition?  (Read 957 times)

polynut

Hi guy's,

Did a search to see if there was a shortcut for that windows recognition speech command but i found nothing so is there a way i can make that work in VA?

To make sure i am clear enough it is the command that show each field or text link in a webpage as numbers.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: How can i get the show numbers like in windows speech recognition?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2020, 12:02:10 PM »
The feature you are referring to is part of the Windows Speech Recognition application, not the Microsoft speech recognition engine (which is the part VoiceAttack uses).

It's not recommended to run the Windows speech recognition application alongside VoiceAttack as they may interfere with eachother, but you could try.

polynut

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2020, 02:33:28 PM »
The feature you are referring to is part of the Windows Speech Recognition application, not the Microsoft speech recognition engine (which is the part VoiceAttack uses).

It's not recommended to run the Windows speech recognition application alongside VoiceAttack as they may interfere with eachother, but you could try.

OK i see so i am out of luck to get that convenient screen for accessibility! Thank for the reply. At least now i know the problem disable folks are facing on a day to day basis!

But i still wonder how this command is called via speech in WSR since maybe it is possible to program it in VA?

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2020, 03:25:40 PM »
i still wonder how this command is called via speech in WSR since maybe it is possible to program it in VA?
The command phrase is simply "show numbers". Program what in VoiceAttack? The feature is part of another application, it's not something exposed through an API.

polynut

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2020, 10:50:19 AM »
i still wonder how this command is called via speech in WSR since maybe it is possible to program it in VA?
The command phrase is simply "show numbers". Program what in VoiceAttack? The feature is part of another application, it's not something exposed through an API.

Thank again for your reply and that's what i have learn after reading a bit and there is a program that can record new command for WSR but it's seem a bit complicated and it would not help in my case anyway.