Author Topic: Can uninstall Voice attack and reinstall from Steam?  (Read 2015 times)

j_k_nash

Can uninstall Voice attack and reinstall from Steam?
« on: January 09, 2020, 11:20:27 AM »
I have had 5 hours of issues with it working for a very short period on a New Alienware PC. Trying a reinstall because after 5 hours of reading and youtube I am close to tears. Not sure can reinstall it though steam

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Can uninstall Voice attack and reinstall from Steam?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2020, 11:49:41 AM »
The website version and the Steam version are functionally identical, however the licensing system is different. If you own a license for one, it cannot be used with/transferred to the other (unless it was purchased before March 19th, 2017, per agreement with Valve).

Can you describe the issues you are experiencing?

j_k_nash

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2020, 12:02:28 PM »
I have spent 5 hours today trying to get this to work any help you can give me I would be very very grateful. I have managed to uninstall and reinstall Voice Attack I am not trying to install the HCS + Tools and I keep getting an Error 5: Access is denied when I try to do the install I have full admin rights on the computer. I have followed guidelines here and even tried turning off virus protection temporally.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2020, 12:10:18 PM »
Ah. If you are having issues with a third-party HCS Voice Packs product, you'll want to contact them directly via their forum, or their Discord. They'll be best able to assist you.

j_k_nash

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2020, 01:54:21 PM »
OK thanks for that... I am also having a frustrating issue with Voice attack... Windows hears me and i have the correct input selected in control panel etc... but the Voice Attack does not seem to be able to hear me the grey bar is not moving when I speak...  so i don't think voice attack is actually hearing me... any ideas what the issue might be its a really new pc with very few applications on it....

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2020, 02:42:10 PM »
The "VoiceAttack does not listen to what I am saying at all" section of this topic offers some suggestions. The option noted in the first edit seems to help in many cases.