Author Topic: Just getting started... no Audio Indicator?  (Read 2322 times)

Jibsman

Just getting started... no Audio Indicator?
« on: May 29, 2018, 10:04:11 PM »
Hi,
I got the Trial of VoiceAttack, followed the instructions to set up Voice Recognition on my PC, did two trainings and created a command. "Attack Subsystem" is the voice command and it is supposed to send 4 commands to Elite Dangerous. 

When it didn't work, I pulled out the manual. It shows an Audio Indicator in the manual, and my VoiceAttack window does not.  When I started the Windows 10 Voice Recognition there was an oval icon with a microphone on the left, sound bar, and either "Listening" or "Sleeping" at the top of the monitor window. After a while of things not working I closed it, and have no idea if it is part of VoiceAttack or the Windows Speech Recognition program.

I closed and reopened VoiceAttack, and it said Windows Voice Recognition was running and may cause problems, and I clicked to close it.  There is still no Audio Indicator.

See the attached screenshot with red circles around the "Audio Indicator" that is not there.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!
Jibsman

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Just getting started... no Audio Indicator?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2018, 10:40:36 PM »
When I started the Windows 10 Voice Recognition there was an oval icon with a microphone on the left, sound bar, and either "Listening" or "Sleeping" at the top of the monitor window. After a while of things not working I closed it, and have no idea if it is part of VoiceAttack or the Windows Speech Recognition program.
This is the interface for Window's built-in speech recognition and is not part of VoiceAttack, but it does use the same speech recognition engine, so if that's not working it's likely VoiceAttack can't work either.

This topic contains information and troubleshooting steps that may be relevant.

The audio indicator is driven by the speech recognition engine's status as far as I'm aware, so if that's not working correctly you likely won't see one(even then it's not present at all times, temporarily displaying a red microphone if no audio is detected or a speech balloon with a lightning bolt when recognizing speech).

j_k_nash

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2020, 03:10:05 PM »
This is the same problem is seen to have, did you ever get this fixed?

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2020, 04:26:20 PM »
Did you try any of the tips in the topic that Pfeil had indicated?  The issue that the OP was having would have had to do with system configuration- the topic that Pfeil referred to will contain suggestions to help you resolve most common configuration issues related to the speech engine.

Hope that helps!