Author Topic: Hi  (Read 1373 times)

CaptainDennis

Hi
« on: April 10, 2020, 06:26:06 AM »
Hi, I just joined the forum after learning about this product on the FB pages for SFO.  It immediately interested me as I have severe problems using keyboards, etc.  It's all change as my old PC is dying and I need another.  The question I need to ask is, how easy is it to port licences?

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Hi
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2020, 06:37:00 AM »
If you're referring to transferring a VoiceAttack license to a new computer, for the website version that is simply a matter of entering your registration data on the new machine.
If you have the Steam version, VoiceAttack should activate itself the first time you run it on the new machine (provided you're logged in with the same Steam account and Steam is running).

Do note that if you purchase the Steam version, that license is not valid for the website version, or vice-versa (unless you have a website version license older than March 18th, 2017 that can be irreversibly converted to a Steam license).

All of this this applies only to VoiceAttack itself; You'll have to check with any third-party profile providers how their licensing system deals with such transfers.