Author Topic: Voice attack can not control volume if not playing on default device  (Read 4188 times)

Malic

I installed voice meter and have three outputs

Input
Aux
VAIO 3 input

I am using this program for streaming purposes, so I can play the game, and run music, they all output to my headphone and the stream, but OBS sees them all as complety seperate sources, so when I do a recording of my stream in parallel to the stream, like a movie with seperate audio tracks, I can have my entire gameplay minus music

The issue is that "Input" is seen as windows default, and my music program is on Aux, and Voice Attack cannot seem to adjust the volume of it when it is on that output

I have another voice command to control game volume, and same thing, if it is not on the primary output it cannot have the volume changed either.

if it is not on the current device it does not move any of the volume sliders.

Using the playback device is not an option, as there are other things playing sounds on those that I cannot have changing volume levels, plus after testing, it has no effect on those anyway, it moves it to 0 and it is still playing at full volume.  Only after manually grabbing the slider with my mouse does it change its volume.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Voice attack can not control volume if not playing on default device
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2019, 01:07:09 PM »
On my machine, VoiceAttack writes "Unable to set application audio" to the log when attempting to set the volume of an application not running on the default device.

However, the volume mixer (which identifies the device it applies to in the title bar) does not show that application either.

NirCmd does allow you you specify which device the target application is using, so you can use that to adjust the volume by executing it through the "Run an Application" action.

Gary

• Administrator
Re: Voice attack can not control volume if not playing on default device
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2019, 01:40:40 PM »
VA will allow you to choose the specific playback device in which to set the volume - it doesn't allow you to specify what device the target app is using, however.