Author Topic: Command to change screen resolution  (Read 3525 times)

EtherialIce

Command to change screen resolution
« on: October 22, 2019, 09:51:34 PM »
I wanted commands to change my screen to 1080p and 4k, and I figured I should share what I found to potentially save others some time

First you have to download an app called QRes. I got it from here.
I recommend saving it somewhere where it won't get accidentally deleted.

Then create a new command
Click on Other->Windows -> run application
For the path use "[folder]\QRes.exe" where [folder] is the full path to where you saved QRes.

If you were going to set the resolution to 1090p you would put "/x:1920 y/1080" in "with these parameters"
Alternatively, you could set text variables "width" and "height", then put "/x:{TXT:width} /y:{TXT:height}" in.
Or you could set integer variables to "width" and "height", then put "/x:{INT:width} /y:{INT:height}" in.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2019, 10:11:43 AM by EtherialIce »

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Command to change screen resolution
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2019, 10:07:53 PM »
That link is broken (the markup is incorrect, and the intended target uses a temporary unique download ID which has expired).
This appears to be the official page for QRes, which also contains a link to the download on sourceforge.

As an aside, if you already have NirCmd, it should also be able to change screen resolution using the "setdisplay" option.

EtherialIce

Re: Command to change screen resolution
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2019, 10:13:05 AM »
Thanks for pointing out my mistake! I should have checked the link first. I updated it now to the one you gave.
And thanks for showing NirCmd, I'll check that out since it has more features!
« Last Edit: October 23, 2019, 11:22:05 AM by EtherialIce »