Author Topic: Prepare3D v4.5.12 with hotfix  (Read 2993 times)

MalcomR

Prepare3D v4.5.12 with hotfix
« on: October 04, 2019, 02:32:18 PM »
I just got P3D v4 and decided to setup VA for it since P3D's voice control is pretty pathetic.  It wasn't as easy as setting up X-Plane or just about any other program so I thought I'd document what I found here since most of the discussions on the net were not really helpful.  From what I could find things changed with v4 for many people.

It's been a few years since I worked with an MS flight sim since I went to X-Plane when MS bailed on FSX but I got P3D to fly a few aircraft that are not available in X-Plane.  I started with FS5.1 and have tested every version since as well as doing panels and working with the internals.

First, I started getting the you have a Nahimic app warning which I had never seen. Turns out it's from my EVGA NU audio card which uses it for effects.  I installed a replacement after my original failed and had not run VA with the EVGA card before.   Fortunately, Gary's tip on turning on "Disable Acoustic Echo Cancellation" worked.

I created a profile with a couple of simple commands to switch views and set them to go to the window *Prepare3D* which is a regex for P3D's main window.  Nothing worked.  I include a text to speech readback so I know the command executed but P3D never saw it.  After a lot of testing I found that the following needs to be done.

1.  P3D runs as Administrator - I had to do this any because evidently there a plugins that require it.  Who knows why but it is what it is until the authors figure it out.

2.  I also had to run VA as administrator.  I have never had to do this before for anything but I guess since P3D is run as admin so must VA. 

After working with X-Plane and it's API I'd forgotten what a steaming mess of code MSFS was.  It appears Lockheed is trying to clean it up and more power to them.

Hopefully this helps someone.

RetiredFE

Re: Prepare3D v4.5.12 with hotfix
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2019, 08:57:54 AM »
I too am having some issues in P3D v4.5 w/hotfix.  For example I can't figure out why after programing the F2 key for reverse thrust on my prop airplanes and including a text to speech readback it doesn't work.  I am flying in virtual reality using an Oculus Rift S headset so I don't have to physically lift the headset up to hit the F2 key to go into reverse thrust.  Physically when I hit the F2 key the throttle moves into reverse thrust.  But when I say "Reverse Thrust" and get the reply "Reverse Thrust, check." I get nothing.  I too must run both programs as administrator.  Another problem is when I call for landing lights, every light on the airplane comes on and goes off.  Outside and inside the cockpit.  Would you by chance be willing to send me a copy of you profile for P3D?  Would greatly appreciate it.  Looks like I'm going to have to start all over on mine.  Too many quirks.  Thanks.
Rodger

MalcomR

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2019, 12:38:00 PM »
Here it is.  I have been busy setting up audio gear and haven't done P3D for a while so I'll try and test it later today.

RetiredFE

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2019, 01:36:48 PM »
Here it is.  I have been busy setting up audio gear and haven't done P3D for a while so I'll try and test it later today.

Thank you sir.  I very much appreciate your work and sharing it with me.  Kinda new to voice attack and very much appreciate your help.  Thanks again
Rodger

MalcomR

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2019, 01:58:41 PM »
Glad to help.  VoiceAttack is a wonderful program and is very powerful but takes time to learn!

MalcomR

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2019, 11:05:25 PM »
One update.  I moved the setting of PilotView from the A2A Constellation Initialize to the Initialize command.  I set these to show some cameras I defined for the Connie.  Pilot View seems to work on all settings.