Author Topic: Can't Add New Commands  (Read 5356 times)

Davemartin88

Can't Add New Commands
« on: October 05, 2019, 07:47:40 AM »
Using an HCS singularity profile and want to add additional commands. I tried to use the function to make a new profile and use the include commands from other profiles. When I select the .... there are no profiles listed? I think this must be because the profiles have been marked so they can't be edited but not sure where to go from here. I thought I read somewhere that profiles might not be able to be edited if you are not registered but I confirmed that the Voice Attack application is working. If I try to edit the singularity profile directly, I get a message saying the author has prohibited new commands. Sure I'm missing something obvious, thanks for the help.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Can't Add New Commands
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2019, 09:36:33 AM »
As far as I'm personally aware, HCS Voice Packs profile commands cannot be edited, and it is not intended to be included into other profiles, however you should be able to edit the profile options for their profile to include your own profile into it (rather than the other way around).

For questions regarding third-party HCS Voice Packs products, I'd recommend asking on their forum, or their Discord, as they will be most knowledgeable on the subject.

TheThingIs

• Global Moderator
    • HCS Voicepacks
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2019, 11:16:01 AM »
Correct Pfeil, commands in other profiles can be included into a HCS profile. The system has been designed that way specifically.

When trying to include a profile, are you clicking the + on the right hand side of the window to add it in?
The Singularity profile - One profile to rule them all and at HCS we bound them ;)

You see, TheThingIs, eventually you'll be allright.

Davemartin88

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2019, 12:57:35 PM »
I have created a profile with the new commands and I'm trying to "include" them in the HCS profile. I open the singularity profile with the edit function, then select options, and try to use the "include commands from other profiles option". There is a button to the right that I select and get an empty window with none of my other profiles to select.

As a test, I used two non HCS profiles and tried to use the same commands but still not able to use the include function, the selection window is empty and doesn't show any other profiles? Net is, not working for any profiles, even ones created locally.

Thanks for the help!

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2019, 01:28:25 PM »
Have you clicked the top-right button on that empty window marked "+"? You should see the "Select a Profile" dialog, with a dropdown that can be used to select an existing profile to add (the initial selection will be blank, so you'll have to click the control first to open the actual list).

As worded in the manual (press F1 while VoiceAttack has focus to open it in your default PDF viewer):
Quote from: VoiceAttackHelp.pdf page 9
To edit the list of included profiles, click on the, ‘…’ button to the right.
This will bring up the, ‘Include Profile Commands’ screen.
Use the controls on the right side of the screen to add, arrange and delete included profiles.
Click, ‘OK’ when you are finished.

Davemartin88

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2019, 02:38:56 PM »
Duh! That was it, feeling silly, thanks for the help. I thought the list would be there and I'd click the + to select the profile I wanted to add, not that to click the + to get the list. Thank again!