Author Topic: Unhandled exception has occurred in your application  (Read 1408 times)

Marrauder

Unhandled exception has occurred in your application
« on: October 17, 2019, 11:46:40 PM »
Hey all, as the title says I'm getting an unhandled exception error, I have searched the forums for this problem but none of them seem to be the same error that I'm receiving.

If VA has just started I can run voice commands with no issues at all, most times, but if I open the VA window and then click on edit profile, this is when the error first appears. If I then click continue and try using VA I get the same error continuously.

Now for things I have tried to resolve this issue, so what I have found is for some reason after my system has been shut down and restarted it seems to be corrupting the profiles. If I delete the profile and reimport my backup copy and then click on edit profile the profile opens normally and works fine, so just as long as I backup my profiles regularly it is a relatively simple fix, but is a little frustrating so I'm just wondering if the error message below gives anybody an idea of what could be causing this.

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: The added or subtracted value results in an un-representable DateTime.
Parameter name: value
   at System.DateTime.AddTicks(Int64 value)
   at System.DateTime.Add(Double value, Int32 scale)
   at ZeroFormatter.Internal.BinaryUtil.ReadDateTime(Byte[]& bytes, Int32 offset)
   at ZeroFormatter.Formatters.DateTimeFormatter`1.Deserialize(Byte[]& bytes, Int32 offset, DirtyTracker tracker, Int32& byteSize)
   at ZeroFormatter.DynamicObjectSegments.ZeroFormatter_Formatters_DefaultResolver.VoiceAttack.CommandAction2.get_DateContext1()
   at VoiceAttack.CommandAction2.Copy()
   at VoiceAttack.Command2.Copy(Boolean deepCopy)
   at VoiceAttack.Profile2.Copy()
   at VoiceAttack.frmMain.(String )
   at VoiceAttack.frmMain.()
   at VoiceAttack.frmMain.(Object , EventArgs )
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Gary

• Administrator
Re: Unhandled exception has occurred in your application
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2019, 07:06:30 AM »
Well, that’s certainly not normal.  If you want, could you zip up the profile you are importing and send it over to me at support@voiceattack.com?  Just indicate the steps to reproduce the problem and I can see what’s going on in there.

Marrauder

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2019, 08:35:42 PM »
Well, that’s certainly not normal.  If you want, could you zip up the profile you are importing and send it over to me at support@voiceattack.com?  Just indicate the steps to reproduce the problem and I can see what’s going on in there.

Thank you appreciate any help you can give me email has now been sent with file attached.

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2019, 10:34:30 PM »
From what I can see in the profile you sent, there is nothing in there that would seem like it should be causing an issue like what you are experiencing (unless the issue is caused when switching to the other profile indicated in there).

I'm not sure how to guide you on this, and the only thing I can suggest for you at this point is to export your profiles, uninstall VA, delete the VA installation folder (usually C:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceAttack (standalone) or C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\VoiceAttack (Steam)), remove your VoiceAttack.dat file (usually located in C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME\AppData\Roaming\VoiceAttack) and then reinstall VA, subsequently importing your profiles.  This will rule out some corrupt installation file(s) and/or data file that you may have.  If the problem persists, you've got something up on your system that I've not seen over the years - it could be a situation that is not accounted for, or there is something wrong on your box - I'll have to keep an eye out to see if it happens to anybody else.  If I can establish a pattern or find a way to reproduce the problem,  I can find a way to work around it.

Marrauder

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2019, 01:05:34 AM »
Thanks Gary, appreciate you looking into this but when this happens it happens to all the profiles I only have the two profiles. But I do agree it does seem to be something with my system, so I just have to make sure when I make changes to the profiles I export them immediately to make sure I do not lose any changes.