Author Topic: Plugin development basics (as a sticky?)  (Read 7746 times)

Feldo

Plugin development basics (as a sticky?)
« on: September 17, 2017, 05:08:42 AM »
Hi!

I'd love to create a plugin for VA. The PDF doc has a few pages about it, and that's cool, but more would be even better. Especially with an example code for a very simple plugin. Has anyone done anything like that? If so, I'd love to see it, and it may be a good sticky addition to this forum!

Thanks.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Plugin development basics (as a sticky?)
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2017, 05:56:18 AM »
Example code is included with VoiceAttack: Look for the "Plugin Samples" folder inside VoiceAttack's installation directory.

dailey123

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2019, 07:53:31 PM »
Can there please be shared anymore information i really need to write a plugin ?

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2019, 01:59:46 AM »
Which information do you find to be lacking?

The "VoiceAttack Plugins (for the truly mad)" section in VoiceAttackHelp.pdf should cover the requirements and available attributes (if you're using Visual Studio, you'll find it does not list any autocomplete options for the "vaProxy" object, which is normal for a dynamic type).

dailey123

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2019, 05:32:34 PM »
I made a sort of executable first and .ddl using microsoft visual basic (windows forms) in C# and VB net code.
But for some reason when i try to import the plugin it wont get recognized in Voice attack (Apps and shared) folder.

Tried trouble shooting really long but dont know what criteria a plugin needs to be recognized.
Can somebody maybe give me a .DDL base plugin that i can change and work with visual studio best regards.

Just need something that opens a menu that opens by the .DDL plugin and command when i press lctrl + alt +c.
This is working and not the problem but Voice attack does not see my plugin iam sure something is wrong.

I really need a working one that i can edit and change values of with menu in visual studio and import in plugins section voice attack and it works and recognized iam doing this for DCS world application.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2019, 01:05:54 AM »
There is a functional Visual Studio project that can be compiled:
Example code is included with VoiceAttack: Look for the "Plugin Samples" folder inside VoiceAttack's installation directory.

Make sure the .dll is in a subfolder of the "Apps" directory, E.G. "Apps\My Plugin\My Plugin.dll".

dailey123

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2019, 04:10:22 PM »
Will try that Pfeil thanks for you help and effort for the community.
You deserve more credit than you actually get thanks.