Author Topic: Timestamps/a way to tell whether an inline function has completed again  (Read 1822 times)

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
When testing inline functions that provide no (easily) visible output, it would be handy to have some way of telling whether the function actually executed.

Currently
Code: [Select]
Test run complete
Compile successful
will be displayed, which if the function doesn't take any noticeable time to execute is the only indication something happened. However, when executing the inline function a second time, the messages are exactly the same if everything is correct, and I have found that I'm often not sure whether clicking the "Test Run" button actually registered or not.

To help remedy this, prepending a timestamp to the "Compile successful" and "Test run complete" messages would make recognizing a change in these messages easier.
If these timestamps were accurate to the start and end of execution, perhaps even with a summary at the end (E.G. "09:16:33.120, Test run complete (124ms)"), it would also make a handy built-in performance monitoring tool.

As an aside, the "Compile" and "Test Run" buttons don't change color on mouseover or when clicked, which exacerbates the issue.

Gary

• Administrator
Re: Timestamps/a way to tell whether an inline function has completed again
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2020, 05:25:18 PM »
I added the current time to the beginning of each log entry.  It will be out in the next release (after the upcoming beta).