Author Topic: Voice diction  (Read 2726 times)

Zxzz

Voice diction
« on: August 17, 2019, 11:23:04 AM »
OK, so I can use voice attack with games, mostly with the VR, but how do you get it to work with Microsoft Word? I was hoping because you can teach the program it would be more effective then the standard Microsoft dictation system, but is that not the case? Is this a good program to try and use for that purpose or should I lean more towards Dragon speak or some such?

Just wondering.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Voice diction
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2019, 01:19:01 PM »
VoiceAttack uses the Microsoft speech recognition engine, so dictation accuracy would be pretty much identical between it and the built-in Windows speech recognition application.
Training your speech recognition profile is essential for dictation, so make sure you run the training multiple times (three, at the very least).

For Microsoft Office applications, apparently they have a cloud-based dictation service, provided you're an Office 365 subscriber.
I can't personally speak to the accuracy of this service, but for dictation, cloud-based services do tend to do better than offline systems (with the disadvantage that anything you say does get sent to the provider of said service).

For offline dictation, Dragon Naturally Speaking is pretty much the industry standard, as far as I'm aware.