Author Topic: Voice attack no recognition while ingame  (Read 2255 times)

Boesergolf

Voice attack no recognition while ingame
« on: August 23, 2019, 02:24:04 PM »
Since today i have the Issue , that Voice attack only reacts while on the desktop screen .

As soon as i go into the Gamewindow its still shows that my voice is being recorded but wont react to comments until i switch to my desktop regardless if it is still running in the background.

Reinstalled va already and have the Problem now with multiple games as soon as i am in-game no reaction from va

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Voice attack no recognition while ingame
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2019, 02:31:32 PM »
Does the log still show activity (E.G. unrecognized items and/or recognized commands) while you're ingame?

Have you updated Windows recently?

Are you running VoiceAttack as administrator?

Have you tried any of the suggestions in the "VoiceAttack does not listen to what I am saying at all" section of this topic (EDIT, EDIT 2, and 5 may be relevant)?

Boesergolf

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2019, 02:54:18 PM »
Yes im running it as Administrator , the log does nothing but the little bar still reacts to me speaking. Nothing Changed in windows or Va yesterday it all worked fine.

Already tried the troubleshooting steps too

Did other step like SFC scannow and ccleaner too

Boesergolf

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2019, 03:10:10 PM »
In case my System Information is needed,

Windows 10 1903

Ryzen 2600x - 6 Core Prozessor

8GB Asus Radeon RX Vega 56 ROG Strix OC Aktiv PCIe 3.0 x16 2xDisplayPort (Retail) Pcie x16 slot 1

16GB (2x 8192MB) G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4-3200 DIMM CL16-18-18-38 Dual Kit

Asus ROG Strix X470-F Gaming Mainboard

Soundblaster Z Soundcard Pcie x16 Slot 2

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2019, 03:27:55 PM »
Do you have a USB headset (or microphone) you could try?

Have you checked whether the Windows Speech Recognition app also exhibits this behavior?

Boesergolf

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2019, 03:49:45 PM »
no its an Game one headset with the standard 3,5 mm audio jack didnt tried the regular tts yet

Boesergolf

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2019, 03:52:39 PM »
yes windows own speech recognition does the same as soon as i enter a Game and have it as active window no reaction until the desktop is the active window again

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2019, 03:58:46 PM »
If you edit your profile and go into profile options, do you have ‘active window’ set as the target in there?

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2019, 04:01:30 PM »
Just a shot in the dark, but have you tried disabling "Game Mode"?

As it happens with the Windows Speech Recognition application as well, it appears to be a more general issue.
One thing I'd take a look at very carefully is the settings for your sound card to make sure all input/microphone enhancements are off (both in the Windows settings and in the manufacturers configuration software, if any).

It's possible Windows updated something in the background (including the soundcard driver) that caused your working setup to break; Unfortunately that can happen.

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2019, 04:16:43 PM »
Also another long shot - are you running any apps like TeamViewer?

Boesergolf

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2019, 04:24:24 PM »
only apps that are active on start are steam ,discord ,whatsapp web , razor synapse , radeons adrenaline and the sound card controlling program from creative,

seems game mode was active for some reason but disabling it doesnt solved the issue

could avoid this now by using the microphone input of my onboard soundchip and only using the soundblaster z card for audio output , there seems to be a line noise issue here