Author Topic: Will VA target a specific open window  (Read 4269 times)

Incurable-Rash

Will VA target a specific open window
« on: June 24, 2019, 06:02:31 PM »
Is it possible for VA to target an open window and then enter information in that window
Example: From Elite dangerous I am able to say a series of numbers and have VA to switch to another open program window so that information can be pasted into it.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Will VA target a specific open window
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2019, 06:16:26 PM »
If you're looking to change where input is sent mid-command, you can use the "Perform a Window Function" action's "Display" option to switch the command target to a specific window by checking the "Set command to target this window" option.

Otherwise there are the "Send command to this target" option for individual commands, or the "Send commands to this target" option for the entire profile.

Press F1 while VoiceAttack has focus to open VoiceAttackHelp.pdf, which has information on command targeting (among other things).
« Last Edit: June 25, 2019, 06:07:43 PM by Pfeil »

Incurable-Rash

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2019, 05:59:20 PM »
Thank you for the reference point, I was unable to find it on my own.

Incurable-Rash

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2019, 11:05:29 AM »
Ok I made an attempt to create this command.

I want to be able to input data into a specific channel in a discord server. I have tried to target discord and the specific channel, but so far it only brings up the discord channel and will only use the currently highlighted channel. What am I doing wrong or is this something that is not possible.
The profile is attacked

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2019, 11:12:35 AM »
Is this channel in a separate window?

As there is no standard for how controls within windows are laid out and/or set up, there is no universal API to interact with them.

Xariyl

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2019, 08:50:19 PM »
Discord responds to hotkey Ctrl + K which brings up a dialog to go to a specific channel. Set up your VA command to send Ctrl + K to the Discord window, Quick Input the name of your target channel, send the Enter key, then send your text to Discord. Optionally Ctrl+K to go back to your previous channel if you wish.

Doing all this will probably cause ED to lose focus, so remember to have your command set your active window back to the ED client at the end.