Author Topic: enable a purchased extension  (Read 3481 times)

pcwiseman1964

enable a purchased extension
« on: April 07, 2018, 08:26:24 AM »
Hello All

I hope I am posting this question it the correct location. I purchased VA yesterday and two extensions for Digital Combat Simulator (VAICOM PRO for DCS World and Chatter Themes) I got the VA installed and the DCS loaded. However the instructions for getting the Chatter extension activated with the key I was sent seems to be off.

"Start VoiceAttack and activate your Chatter Themes Pack license in the About page of the VAICOM PRO configuration window."

There does not seem to be an About page. Am I missing something?

Only thing I can think of is possibly that VA is 2.5.1 and the extension seems to be 2.5.0.

Thanks for any assistance.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: enable a purchased extension
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2018, 08:39:20 AM »
I'm not personally familiar with this third-party addon, but the page you're looking for seems to be a tab of this window:

It does state "the VAICOM PRO configuration window", so it's not part of VoiceAttack itself(which does not have a facility for activating third-party licenses).

pcwiseman1964

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2018, 12:14:57 PM »
Hello and thanks for the reply. I looked around and do not see how to get this window. But I do see something that makes me think it is enabled. Although I did not put in my key. See attached. Thanks again.

pcwiseman1964

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2018, 08:31:12 AM »
i think i figured it out. i appreciate the help. now i just need to figure out everything else with VA. i tried yesterday and was unable to get the commands to work. plenty of youtubers out there with videos. when i took up gaming we were still using 33.6 modems and there was no such thing as youtube. now is a great time to be a pc gamer.

Wim88

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2019, 06:32:20 AM »
Exact same problem. Voice attack works just fine with DCS. Viacom pro 2.5 initialized on startup.
I put the Chatter.dll in VoiceAttack\Apps\VAICOMPRO\Extensions

The plugin manager only shows viacom pro 2.5

As the manual says, LCtrl+LAlt+C should bring up the plugin configuration window (keyboard shortcuts are on btw).

However, I cannot get it to open this window and install/register the chatter plugin, and it doesn't appear in the plugin manager either.

@pcwiseman1964 I'm curious as to how you solved this

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2019, 12:19:35 PM »
The authors of this third-party profile/plugin have some support suggestions you could try listed on this page.

They also link to this topic on the DCS (Eagle Dynamics) forum, and have a "Contact Support" button for sending them an email.