Author Topic: Trial Version - Timed out a bit sharpish.  (Read 4386 times)

bilbosmeggins

Trial Version - Timed out a bit sharpish.
« on: July 11, 2016, 06:54:12 AM »
Hi all

I sent this an email to the helpdesk, but am not sure how often that gets attention so I've cut n pasted the mail here:

I downloaded VoiceAttack this morning with the intention of evaluating it, and see if I could make sense of it for using with Elite.  I couldn't, so spent an hour or so on my laptop watching youtube tutorials etc.  Feeling a bit more like I was in with a chance, I returned to my gaming pc, fired up VoiceAttack to be greeted with an error message followed by a "Your 21 days is up..............Time to register........................... God Bless" 

Is this a common occurrence?  I had every intention of buying if I could see hat it worked, but it's locked me out at the first hurdle.  Date/Time has not been changed at all on my PC.

PS: I'm on Windows 10

Gary

• Administrator
Re: Trial Version - Timed out a bit sharpish.
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2016, 09:19:55 AM »
This seems to be occurring for more than one person.  I am going to make some hard adjustments to the trial and probably remove the time constraint completely, as FORCING a date format does not seem to solve the problem in certain cases and leaving it the old way causes issues when people change locales.  Hoping to have that out this week.

bilbosmeggins

Re: Trial Version - Timed out a bit sharpish.
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2016, 09:26:38 AM »
Thanks.  I'll keep my eyes peeled :)