Author Topic: "No plugins available" message clarification  (Read 4009 times)

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
"No plugins available" message clarification
« on: March 08, 2018, 01:55:48 PM »
Currently when plugin support is disabled, attempting to add an "Execute an External Plugin Function" action pops up the "No plugins available" messagebox, saying "There are currently no plugins available to select for this action.";
While that is technically correct(the best kind of correct), I feel it may be useful to add a warning to this message when plugin support is disabled to alert the user to this fact, possibly even instructing the user how to enable it.

A reference to the "Disable plugin support" checkbox of the CTRL-SHIFT load options menu could be added as well, just in case someone was instructed to check a number of the load options but is now wondering why their plugins don't work, but there's already a "Plugin support force disabled" message in the log(and I doubt the majority of plugin users, which I assume are HCS users, actually modify the "Execute an External Plugin Function" action itself).

EDIT: Messages are shown, checked in v1.7.8
« Last Edit: September 01, 2019, 11:47:32 PM by Pfeil »

Gary

• Administrator
Re: "No plugins available" message clarification
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2018, 04:04:50 PM »
Makes sense.  I updated the plugin message to indicate when plugins are disabled, and where to enable them ;)

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2019, 06:24:42 PM »
The message was added a while ago, and it serves its purpose when adding or editing plugin actions.

When plugins are disabled using the Ctrl-Shift option, the message still refers the the options screen; There is a "Plugin support force disabled." message in the log, though.

However, I have only just noticed there isn't a message when a command attempts to run an "Execute an External Plugin Function" action, meaning commands that require it fail silently when plugin support is disabled, by any means.
I feel a log message could help avoid confusion when using an imported third-party profile that requires plugin support.

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2019, 09:02:49 PM »
Message added!  Thanks for pointing that out  :)