Author Topic: Elite Dangerous request docking  (Read 7900 times)

Por

Elite Dangerous request docking
« on: May 26, 2019, 07:27:32 PM »
I am new to ED and Voice Attack.

Has anyone figured out how to make VA request Landing permission?  My ED menu's seem to change depending on who is around me and I have found that it VERY seldom works.

Is there an easy way to check if landing gear is down or up?  IE when I say launch I want it to retract Hard Points and retract landing gear, I can't bind both keys because it will "toggle" them in or out depending.

I am very new to both VA and ED as well as Thrustmaster.

Background just in case you need more to read.

I have not had any luck with any of the online downloads.  It seems like everyone had a different Keyboard binding's inside the game, with different joystick's and custom configs.  I use a Thrustmaster T.16000M HOTAS.  It took me 3 days to get all the keybindings reset so that I could use the joystick and some keyboard input.   Being very new to the game this was a PAIN and done in notepad ++ to combine each file.  I  combined both the default keyboard binding and the default Thrustmaster bindings into one file with Joystick being primary and keyboard being secondary.

I purchased VA because I really want to play ED on my VR and thought it would be killer if I didn't need to move my hands from the controls.  I am able to get most simple things working, IE: Landing Gear, Hard Points and Lights.  But anything to do with the menu, ya forget it.  1-e-e-space-s-e-space-q-q-bla-bla-bla only works if every menu is reset every time.

I am still new and have not even made it out of the starting area yet.

dranck

Re: Elite Dangerous request docking
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2019, 08:24:09 PM »
I use HCS voicepacks (https://hcsvoicepacks.com) and their VoiceAttack profile includes a command for docking (and other panel actions) that works consistently. However the commands are locked so I can't see how they coded it. I suspect that they track the state of the panels in variables. It can occasionally get confused and there is a command to reset the panels when that happens. You might want to consider HCS voicepacks. They are really well done and add a lot to the game for me.

Brigetiol

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2019, 12:18:02 AM »
Hi,

for getting the status variables (hardpoints, landing gear,...) I use EDDI and its VA plugin.

Cmdr Ishmair created and shared a very good VA profile here ( https://forum.voiceattack.com/smf/index.php?topic=474.0 ). It has a menu-management section too. For me, that was the best place to understand, how I can reset menu, or select any item from the menu with only one voice-command.

Best regards!

Malic

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2019, 10:29:23 PM »
EDDI can get states of landing gear and such though the player journal, but when it comes to docking requests, no, there is no way to make one that will do every thing for you because tabs are not tracked, and it resets to a default tab on a hyperspace jump.  If you had a ship targeted, you not have 4 tabs instead of three on the left hand one as well.

You might be able to do it if you control every aspect of the ship from voice commands, but as I am a VR player, I have not ever had any use in trying to do that, as my screens are controlled by looking at them, and it would have to track every input, if you were looking at those screens or not, etc.. too many other variables  From my understanding, that is how HCS does it, but if you go thorough the menu yourself, it loses where you were

Acecool

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2019, 03:26:13 AM »
Here are my profiles: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xqynw6jv3yytn5b/AACD4_hUFceHQcCvhND-PLpEa?dl=0

Requires bindED - used to load your binds so you never have to edit the profile when you alter your keys. Although, it may only be able to simulate keyboard keys, so make sure all keys you want to make use of are bound - it doesn't hurt to use weird binds either for other things... like CTRL + SHIFT + ALT + key for all of the weird keys...

Will soon require EDDI and EliteVA for variables.

I am currently working on one with EDDI and VA added onto it because I don't have to track the variables that way.... Had I not had added it, I could still track them by creating a command which tracks the bind press ( using bindED plugin which I do require for my profiles because it reads your bound keys and adds them as variables making it one of the most useful plugins ), and my custom variable.. Then a reset variables command for when you exit / re-enter and extra command logic...

So if you say Raise landing gear, and I see it raised, I'll assume you have it down and I'd update the variable. This isn't the best solution but without access to the game variables, it isn't bad.

Anyways - my newest profiles, coming out soon, will have full EDDI support with all of the hooks added in for landing, damage, etc... and I'm working on making the voice commands dynamic so that you can even change the language if necessary...

For instance, I group the words - one example is: [ Add; Increase; Raise; ] [ Reduce; Decrease; Lower; ] [ Engines; Engine ] [ Power; ] [ Up; ] [ Down; ]
ie: // Structure: [ 0 = Up Prefix Options ] [ 1 = Down Prefix Options ] [ 2 = Keyword ] [ 3 = Optional Suffixes ] [ 4 = Up Suffixes ] [ 5 = Down Suffixes ]

meaning you could change the words, following the same exact format ( leaving the last ; if there, or not having one if not there ) and convert it to a different language.

Ultimately, I want to see if I can set up groups of words in variables and use those in commands... So a bunch of words for yes, no, abort / cancel, etc... and put them in a file so they can easily be edited and maybe even a sentence-structure system which changes which variables they are assigned to so if saying up engine power is normal, then you can do that... Right now you could do that with the optional words by adding them to the prefix or suffix locations but the optional words doesn't have a prefix location yet...

Anyways - I digress... but efficiency is what I strive for and I don't like repeating things so I'm currently working on functions, and so on. I am also working on voice-pack support...

The way I will support it is with a variable to define the root folder, then variables for nested folders and play a random sound from the folder... So that means downloading a voicepack and integrating it will take some work by moving sounds into different folders.... It also means duplicate sounds in the structure, but sounds are incredibly small for this type of thing so I don't expect too much extra. I do hate having duplicates though... so I am considering my options...

One way to get around this is to have a random branch choose to play a generic 'acknowledged' message, or a random targeted message such as increasing power, etc... That way all yes sir, acknowledged, doing it, and so on sounds can be in a single folder with no overlap.. while still allowing a more natural progression of responses...

The whole point is to have a single profile which can do it all... With the limited time I have available to me, it may take a while though.

----------------

Edit: I forgot to mention - I have request docking in it. I don't believe I have it auto reset to the nav screen, but I will be setting up a system which will track the keys you press when a screen is focused ( and I think EDDI has a few 'is panel in focus' variables I can read to make it that much easier to do and more accurate )... So I'll simply track the keys for next / previous, etc... ( if you use a joystick, I'm not sure if they'll fire yet - so we'll see what EDDI has available ).

It requests docking to the closest object, and I may have it reset back to the nav screen... I can't remember - I made that system a long long time ago.

But, the latest version I will ensure to make functions for opening to navigations screen, and any other screen on any of the monitors and be as accurate as possible. The deploy rover does this by 'indexing' the menu... Since you can scroll up and it doesn't go to the bottom I simply scroll up, in that menu, the maximum number of times it takes to have the top item selected if you have the bottom item selected before continuing.... So that one works well.

The docking request will only ask to dock with the nearest... I have never had an issue with ships showing up at the top though...

I do have variable times for charging ecm, etc.. and keypresses so if it doesn't work you can edit them in profile start up or Acecool.var.ResetAll in newer versions for your times...

Por

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2019, 06:53:50 PM »
Thank you guys for your replies.  I chose to go with HCS voice packs based on the fact that the "Programming" or keybindings had been setup by them.  I was very impressed at how easy and quick they were to install and setup.  I only had one minor issue that their tech support helped solve in less than 5 min.  I have been pleased with the results so far.