Author Topic: How do I undo a profile change?  (Read 812 times)

DevGnoll

How do I undo a profile change?
« on: June 19, 2021, 07:37:46 PM »
I am trying to get up with Elite Dangerous, EDDI, and a minimal profile  (No voice packs, voice for information only).

Downloaded EDDI, registered VA, opened the EDDI.vap profile, registered the plug in,  tested the "Configure EDDI"  command and got the EDDI config screen (as expected).  made a change to the voice command to make it routinely pronounceable.

Played with the profile a bit trying to add my commands, had to quit for the night. 

Next day, opened VA and the EDDI profile, tested the tested the same command (with mods) and it was recognized, but nothing happened.   

OK, maybe I broke something,   delete the profile file, replace it with the one from the download, restart voice attack and the change I had made before is still there?

How do i roll back to a fresh copy of a profile?

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: How do I undo a profile change?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2021, 07:45:58 PM »
Which file did you actually delete? .vap files merely contain the information on how a profile is configured, which VoiceAttack uses to create a copy of that profile in its profile database. They do not store the actual profile VoiceAttack loads.

If you want to delete a profile from the database and start over, load it as the active profile (I.E. select it using the "Profile" dropdown on the main window), then click the button, choose "Delete Profile", and confirm by clicking "Yes".

DevGnoll

Re: How do I undo a profile change?
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2021, 09:56:15 PM »
Thanks, that fixed it.       

the "profiles" I was deleting and restoring were the .vap files, thinking they were where the current profile itself was stored.

Deleting and re-importing fixed it.