Author Topic: Question about registration keys  (Read 5123 times)

Yinny

Question about registration keys
« on: May 13, 2019, 07:57:52 PM »
I have voice attack on steam, which has been great, and I very much enjoy the software, but I really want to run voice attack on all 3 of my computers, so I can issue commands to pull up documents on one computer, pause/play videos on another, and give in game commands on my primary computer.  Unfortunately, steam does not allow me to run any application on multiple machines at the same time, so I was considering buying voice attack directly from the voice attack store, but I have a couple concerns.

Will I have to buy a registration key for each computer I'm using Voice Attack on?  One of my computers I make a habit of formatting its hard drives and building it back up from scratch twice a year.  Will I have to purchase a registration key every time I rebuild the PC?

Gary

• Administrator
Re: Question about registration keys
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2019, 08:10:03 PM »
Hi, Yinny.

You will not have to purchase an additional key if you rebuild your PC.  You will, however, need to acquire additional licenses if you are going to use VoiceAttack on several machines simultaneously.

Sorry about that!

Yinny

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2019, 08:37:07 PM »
Thank you for the quick response!  That does raise one more question from me, though: how does the registration key recognize my computer?  If I upgrade hardware, will the key stop working on that computer?  Or if I upgrade the operating system?

And no need to be sorry, Voice Attack needs to make sure people can't just buy one copy and pass it all among their friends, I'm just trying to figure out how to make this work for me the way I want it to work.

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2019, 09:29:44 PM »
When you run VoiceAttack, it knows where it was installed on your computer.  If you move it even to another directory, you'll need to revalidate your registration.  However, if your key stops working on your machine (after you upgrade it for whatever reason), just re-validate the key and you'll be good to go.

Yinny

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2019, 09:54:23 PM »
Okay, I think I get it now.  Thanks for all your help, Gary, looks like I just need to buy 2 keys and I'm in the clear ^^