Author Topic: Loosing My Hair  (Read 2898 times)

Sirvivor

Loosing My Hair
« on: May 07, 2019, 04:48:14 PM »
     I have been trying to get Voice Attach working for four days now. The best I can get is that it works with Microsoft Calculator and other Windows applications.  So Mic is working and the VoiceAttack.exe has been setup to "Run As Administrator ". Trying to get it to work with Elite Dangerous and Oculus Rift.   Even recorded a few words using the recorder.  Voice is loud and clear.  Did the MS voice trainer four times, start to finish. In VA I see the bar moving and the commands are being recognized to 93 %.  Just in the game there is nothing.  I am beginning to believe that it might be my version of Windows.  I am using Windows 10 64 Bit Pro.  Has anyone else got it to work in the game ED using the same Windows as me ( Pro 64 ) ?  Anyone have any suggestions as to what the problem might be ?

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Loosing My Hair
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2019, 05:11:49 PM »
Are you using a third-party profile, or one you've made yourself?

What are your command target settings(The "Target" dropdown on the main window, the "Send commands to this target option on the "Profile General" tab of the "Profile Options" window, the "Send command to this target" option for any individual commands)?

Do you have any other software running that would handle keypresses(E.G. Teamviewer)?

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2019, 09:57:39 PM »
Hi, Sirvivor.

You might want to take a look at this thread, as it has helped many with similar types of issues:

https://forum.voiceattack.com/smf/index.php?topic=53.0

dranck

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2019, 03:39:00 PM »
I'm running Win 10 64 Pro so I doubt it is a Windows version thing.

What happens if you open the profile for editing in VoiceAttack while in-game, right click on a command and select "Execute"? If that doesn't work then make sure the key bindings specified in the profile have been set up in Elite.

BTW, I'm losing my hair too but it has nothing to do with gaming... ;)

Sirvivor

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2019, 03:43:08 AM »
     Thank you all for your replies.  What I wanted from this post was to find out if others where using my setup, W10 Pro 64.  Knowing that it works I can look to other solutions.  The first reply, not quite sure what you are talking about with targets and all. The second reply, in my four days at this I even went to the point of un-installing everything and just install the demo version with only the 20 commands. Nothing to do with the game and Windows commands have always worked.

As per yesterday, all that remains to do is fill in some missing key binds and see what happens.

If it works I will find a way.  Love this game in VR. Thank you Commanders.

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2019, 08:36:58 AM »
The first reply, not quite sure what you are talking about with targets and all. The second reply, in my four days at this I even went to the point of un-installing everything and just install the demo version with only the 20 commands. Nothing to do with the game and Windows commands have always worked.

So - you are saying that the recognition is OK, and when you have VoiceAttack press keys in Windows and games it's OK, but when you try to use a pack that has key binds in Elite: Dangerous, it doesn't all work.  Is that correct?

Sirvivor

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2019, 06:34:13 PM »
Happy to say that all has been resolved and Elite Dangerous is accepting my voice commands. Watched a YouTube video from RookFett that answered all my questions.  Took me 20 minutes after watching.  Thank to all for your comments.