Author Topic: VA Server Solution / Google Assistant integration  (Read 1942 times)

MisunderstoodWookiee

VA Server Solution / Google Assistant integration
« on: May 17, 2019, 04:45:57 AM »
I am not sure if possible but I was wondering if a headless version of this could be done for home server solutions a lightweight service of some kinds to intercepts VA communications and runs commands on that server over the device being spoken too.

Use case of mine would be to use the web panel stuff to make a chrome head to communicate with Google Assistant via using mobile device Google Assistant as default speech engine via device, but also integrating Google Assistant into the web panel to exchange commands between the two, allowing assistant to call VA commands in a connected headless environment or if an Android App could exist for VA to do same task great.

Maybe VA already works over Network I have not tried this, but I just am thinking of ways to be able to talk to a smart watch or other mobile device and pass to VA to control environmental objects tied into the network obviously by VA commands passing inputs to server applications.

The goal of which to remove the need to use multiple control apps in future for various networked appliances as most of such have headless services and VA plugin could be made or simply pass information to such things.

Another good concept of use would be to use things like the Alexis and Googles Home devices to control VA in some way such as a running web panel on the server.

Only way I can think of doing this currently is installing High Quality omni pickups around the house and directly cable them into a home server to get that Jarvis kind of home feeling when you run a lot of things thru a home solution.