Author Topic: Windows speech engine incompatibility  (Read 1250 times)

soldano

Windows speech engine incompatibility
« on: May 11, 2019, 09:25:48 PM »
I am running Windows 7  64, Spanish language version, and had the problem that VA refused to open as it didnt recognize the speech engine because it is in Spanish, thence I downloaded and installed the English Language Pack, and then VA could be opened.-
Now the problem is that Windows refuses to open its speech recognizing engine with a warning about that its language must match that of the OS, which in my case is Spanish.-
I think this is not a problem in Windows 10, but I have no intention to migrate for the moment.-
So the question is if there is a solution within VA, or if there are other options of alternate speech engines.-
If not, VA is useless for me.-
Thanks

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Windows speech engine incompatibility
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2019, 09:30:21 PM »
Have you tried Speech Platform 11?

Gary

• Administrator
Re: Windows speech engine incompatibility
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2019, 10:59:27 PM »
Although VA is currently all in English (with an English interface, documentation, website, etc.) VoiceAttack will normally work with a Spanish version of Windows 7 if you have the Spanish speech engine installed properly (Spanish is one of the handful of languages that comes installed with Windows 7).  If your speech engine is not installed properly (or there is a problem with your setup) and you are unable to get it working properly, what Pfeil has suggested may be your only route.  It's just two fairly small files - I'd give it a go (and, you don't even have to train that speech engine).