Author Topic: Problems updating v17.5  (Read 2827 times)

DRAKO

Problems updating v17.5
« on: April 16, 2019, 07:32:41 AM »
Hi, I have updated to v1.7.5 and a couple of strange things have happened to me that I would like to comment on:
1º) There are not some commands with brackets [] that I had added to the profile a few days ago, when I saved them, I tried them and they worked perfectly.
2 º) Perhaps the strangest thing, to check that I was missing the commands mentioned above, use a backup that I had and had changed its name, but what is my surprise that I "rename" as copy "1" the same profile as had previously, ..... example: old profile CALE - VERSION 4.3.1, security profile CALE - VERSION 5.1, profile transformed CALE - VERSION 4.3.1.1
I hope you understand.
Translation made with Google Translator from Spanish to English.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Problems updating v17.5
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2019, 07:51:11 AM »
Unfortunately it looks like things have gotten lost in translation...

If I understand correctly, commands you have created in an older version of VoiceAttack no longer exist in that profile after upgrading to the new version?

Which version did you upgrade from?

Is there a VoiceAttackFault.txt file in your VoiceAttack installation directory? If so, what does it contain?

Do you have a file in "%APPDATA%\VoiceAttack\", with a name starting with "VoiceAttackConvert"? What is the full name(to see whether the timestamp is recent)?

DRAKO

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2019, 01:31:28 PM »
Exactly, some commands no longer exist.

The truth is that I do not remember, but if I can serve as a guide, I acquired the license on January 3 of this year, and I have only made this update to v1.7.5.

I attached the txt file.

I've been looking for the file "VoiceAttackConvert" and I can not find it, I'm sorry.

Translation made with Google Translate from Spanish to English

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2019, 01:56:55 PM »
If your initial install was from around that date, it's likely you've upgraded from v1.7.3(which was the then-current stable version), in which case you won't have a VoiceAttackConvert file.

You should have a "Backup" folder under that same location though, containing up to ten timestamped backups made when saving changes to your profiles; If you have a version from before the issue occurred make a backup copy of it somewhere, then make another copy and replace the existing VoiceAttack.dat file with that(delete the current VoiceAttack.dat, then rename the second copy of the backup to "VoiceAttack.dat").
Note that VoiceAttack should not be running while doing this(close it first).

If you have a backup copy, but the commands still don't show up, you could try reverting to v1.7.3 using the installer listed here and try again.

DRAKO

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2019, 04:06:54 PM »
I have been able to recover the commands with the indications that you have given me. Thank you.

But I still have the problem that I try to put a security profile I had on an external disk named CALE - SAIVARR VERSION 3.5 and rename it as a copy of CALE - VERSION 3.4.1.1. The truth is that I do not understand why this happens.

Translation made with Google Translator from Spanish to English

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2019, 01:20:21 AM »
Did you rename the profile before/while exporting it, or did you only change the name of the .vap file?

In case of the latter: The file name does not affect the actual name of the profile, that's defined by the "Name" tag in that file instead.

DRAKO

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2019, 06:14:21 AM »
ahhh ... I understood.

Thank you very much for the help.

By the way, I translated the VA manual from English into Spanish, in case anyone needed it. I have helped with the Google Translator.

Best regards.