Author Topic: v1.5.9 crashing  (Read 7664 times)

TheThingIs

• Global Moderator
    • HCS Voicepacks
v1.5.9 crashing
« on: July 11, 2016, 08:52:45 AM »
I installed using the .exe over my beta install and now every few mins VA stops working with a windows error message VA has stopped working but no info with the message.
The Singularity profile - One profile to rule them all and at HCS we bound them ;)

You see, TheThingIs, eventually you'll be allright.

Gary

• Administrator
Re: v1.5.9 crashing
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2016, 09:13:46 AM »
Hmmm.  That's the same code that's been in each of the, 'unofficial' releases (other than the version number changing).

So, no message at all?  Has anything else changed on your machine?  If it keeps doing this, you might want to look at this thread:  http://voiceattack.com/SMF/index.php?topic=64.0 (ignore the title)

TheThingIs

• Global Moderator
    • HCS Voicepacks
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2016, 10:03:15 AM »
No message, it just says VA has stopped working.

The only thing I have changed is drivers for my mobo's sound card. I installed some newer ones a few months back and had started to get crackly sound lately and then realised that was about the time I started to have issues with VA randomly recognising commands in a quiet room. So I reinstalled the drivers that came with the mobo and it's much clearer. Would that affect VA?
The Singularity profile - One profile to rule them all and at HCS we bound them ;)

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2016, 11:41:21 AM »
It VA was working fine before that and if it started crashing after that I would assume so.

jeff3163

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2016, 11:17:15 PM »
Hi Gary,
     I am also experiencing CTD.  It happens when switching to my personal Elite Dangerous profile (not Astra, Orion, or Ripley Galactic KICS profiles though.  They load fine).  It is my main ED profile, and ties all the other AI together.  It crashes the Kernelbase.dll.  It happens with voice command profile switching as well as selecting the profile from the UI.  All other profiles load fine.  When the profile loads, voiceattack crashes.  I can't play ED without it.  Please help.

Faulting application name: VoiceAttack.exe, version: 1.5.9.0, time stamp: 0x577fe9d8
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.1.7601.23455, time stamp: 0x573a5509
Exception code: 0xe0434352
Fault offset: 0x0000c54f
Faulting process id: 0x1d70
Faulting application start time: 0x01d1dcbe0d67abc5
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceAttack\VoiceAttack.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\syswow64\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: 4a8dd892-48b3-11e6-8936-406186f2a2b0

TheThingIs

• Global Moderator
    • HCS Voicepacks
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2016, 03:27:41 PM »
I'm happy to report that a complete wipe and reinstall of VA has resolved the problem.

jeff3163

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2016, 08:35:03 PM »
Hello again Gary,

-- EDIT:  Disregard.  This is not a solution, but does allow you to reload the "original" profile state.  (better than nothing)

I seem to have worked out a solution to my problem.  I re-imported my profile for Elite Dangerous that was crashing VA and VoiceAttack appended a -1 to the filename to avoid "duplicates".  I can use that one, and no crash to desktop.  I am smiling again.  It gave me a warning about the profile containing commands which start/stop processes, which could be dangerous for my computer.  I told it to go ahead and import it anyway.  It works fine (so far, anyway).  Then I had to redirect any calls made to that profile to the new one instead.  This was easier than rewriting a new command profile for ED.  Maybe this will help someone else too.  ;0
« Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 10:14:41 AM by jeff3163 »

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2016, 09:10:13 PM »
Thank you for the info!

jeff3163

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2016, 02:01:34 AM »
Hi Gary,
     I just tried to use my profiles in Elite Dangerous.  The re-imported profile didn't contain all the commands I needed.  Not sure why.  Anyway, it doesn't work.  It seems a complete reinstall of VA and rebuild of my Elite Dangerous profiles is in order.  I am getting voiceattack CTD now after linking the profiles together.  It is broken/unplayable.   :'(

Edit:  I've just noticed the above event viewer log is always accompanied by two other messages.

Application: VoiceAttack.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.ArgumentException
   at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(System.ExceptionResource)
   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089],[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].Insert(System.__Canon, System.__Canon, Boolean)
   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089],[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].Add(System.__Canon, System.__Canon)
   at .+Ÿ.()
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(System.Object)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

...and,

System.ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added.
   at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource)
   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Insert(TKey key, TValue value, Boolean add)
   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Add(TKey key, TValue value)
   at ..Ÿ.()
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

It looks like it's crashing if there are duplicate commands between two profiles I am linking.?.  ...just a guess.

ps:  I have upgraded by now, to VoiceAttack version 1.5.10.  The upgrade didn't solve this issue either, sadly.  :(
« Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 10:26:00 AM by jeff3163 »

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2016, 10:21:33 AM »
Have you tried the latest beta? It should handle the duplicates.

jeff3163

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2016, 10:28:19 AM »
Thanks Pfeil,
     I will try it.  Upgrading to v1.5.10.1 now.

Edit:  After upgrading to the BETA, I am now able to link my flight crew profiles.  Amy (my main ED profile) links to Astra (second officer)> who links to Orion (navigation)> who links to Ripley KICS (wingman/radio :) )> who links back to my main everyday profile (not ED).
     I haven't tested this out in ED yet.  I fly with (Ivona's) Amy as First officer.  If she doesn't know a command, it is passed on to the next profile, until it reaches Ripley.  She's most useful for playing music while I explore.  This has always served me well in the past.  And I can call any one of them to the front (the bridge) if I want to use their set of commands/voice as first choice, etc.

« Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 10:49:20 AM by jeff3163 »