Author Topic: About if profils  (Read 2639 times)

Christy

About if profils
« on: January 24, 2019, 04:00:55 PM »
Good evening,
translation google: français/anglais

Thank you for this excellent software, which is very complete, but not easy to understand when you are not English!

1) I want to create several different profiles for the same game, and I want to read them in notepad ++,
to copy the text of the commands in a separate file and printed but the file is not readable.

I found on my PC:
C: \ Users \ SimuDcs-P3d Racing \ AppData \ Roaming \ VoiceAttack \ VoiceAttack.dat
How do I read and print the text of my orders?

2) the command window where the lines of commands appear, has no option of 'sorting' lines, up, down etc .
it would be really convenient to have this with a print option.

3) It would also be useful to have an option to 'merge' profiles between them.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: About if profils
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2019, 04:13:00 PM »
1) I want to create several different profiles for the same game, and I want to read them in notepad ++,
to copy the text of the commands in a separate file and printed but the file is not readable.
Profiles are not stored as text. If you want an editable file you can export a profile to a .vap, which contains text with xml markup.

If you want a list of commands so you know which phrases you can speak, you can export a profile as HTML by selecting "Quick Reference List as HTML" in the "Export a VoiceAttack Profile" file picker dialog.

2) the command window where the lines of commands appear, has no option of 'sorting' lines, up, down etc .
it would be really convenient to have this with a print option.
Which window are you referring to? The command list in the "Edit a Profile" window can be sorted a number of ways, by clicking the column headers(E.G. "Spoken Command").

3) It would also be useful to have an option to 'merge' profiles between them.
Merge profiles how? Into what? You can already duplicate a profile, copy commands to another profile using the command list, or export a profile and import part of it into another.

Christy

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2019, 06:05:41 PM »
Merci pour vos réponses.
3) oui  vous avez raison.

NatalieEGH

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2019, 09:18:20 PM »
@Pfeil

I believe the problem for Christy is the same I had.  I wanted a merge function.  I even wrote a merge function and it did not work even though all the commands were accurately copied and using the sort sequence expected.  Finally I found the Import Commands Function. 

Christy to merge two profiles:
1.  Export one of the profiles.
2.  Enter the other profile.
3.  Go to the Create, Edit, Delete screen where all the commands are listed.
4.  Below all the commands on the bottom left side is a button called "Import Commands".  Click on it.
5.  You should by default see the .vap files you have exported.  Select the file with the commands to import (merge in).
6.  By default all commands are listed to be imported.  You may remove commands by unchecking the boxes in front.
7.  When you are satisfied with the commands to be imported click the box at the bottom right called "Import".