Author Topic: Tough problem  (Read 4935 times)

DispatchMinion

Tough problem
« on: September 10, 2016, 03:29:54 PM »
My setup
2 PC'. Game PC, 1 monitor. 2nd PC 2 monitors.  Using Input director and the "master" is the Game PC.
I have Voice Attack set to "Send commands to : " the game client, in this case, its Elite Dangerous
Commands work in game flawlessly, if the mouse is on the main system
Move the mouse to the 2nd PC and no commands are enacted

I use the 2nd pc as my communication hub, also to monitor my Stream so some of the time, mouse is on the 2nd pc and no commands given would be done

Any idea on a fix for this issue would be appreciated

Gary

• Administrator
Re: Tough problem
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2016, 04:01:52 PM »
You have two pcs running and you probably have some sort of software running on both (like Synergy, Share Mouse?)

Is that what you are doing?

DispatchMinion

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2016, 04:06:58 PM »
"2 PC'. Game PC, 1 monitor. 2nd PC 2 monitors.  Using Input director and the "master" is the Game PC. "

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2016, 09:31:55 PM »
Ah... gotcha.  I somehow sped right past, 'input director'.  Input director simulates mouse and keyboard activity over your network.   VoiceAttack uses Windows API calls to talk to applications that are on the machine that it is installed on and not on other machines over the network.

DispatchMinion

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2016, 11:21:15 AM »
I do know how Input Director works, and I do get a voice response from the command, but VA does not send the command to the game when the mouse pointer is on the 2nd pc.

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2016, 03:39:46 PM »
I'm positive that Input Director works and probably works very well.  The problem is that VoiceAttack, just like almost all other desktop software (except for very specialized applications), can only see and interact with what is on the machine where it is installed.  It's not broken, it's just not doing what it's not designed to do.  Sorry about that!

DispatchMinion

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2016, 03:47:19 PM »
I do have it installed on the game PC. Again it's working fine when the mouse pointer is on that pc, stops sending commands to the game when I move it to the 2nd pc.

Any fix for that?

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2016, 05:55:03 PM »
Oh, I see now what you are saying.  Somehow I thought you were saying that VoiceAttack was not sending commands to the second PC.  What's happening is Input Director is hooking and intercepting all input (mouse and keyboard).  There's a good chance that any input that VA is sending is actually being sent via Input Director to your secondary machine.  For that, there is no fix, as Input Director is doing exactly what you are wanting it to do:  directing input.