Author Topic: Deploy (yes), Retract (No)  (Read 2453 times)

Okobojiwan

Deploy (yes), Retract (No)
« on: April 03, 2019, 02:49:14 PM »
After installing Voice Attack Ver. 1.7.5 I began having the following problem.  Whenever I give a command to retract anything (landing gear, weapons, cargo scoop, etc.) Voice Attack responds "That has already been done."  The command was clearly understood.  Voice Attack simply will not carry out the key strokes to comply with the command.  It does not matter what voice pack is being used.  Has anyone else experienced this problem?  What did you do to fix it?

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Deploy (yes), Retract (No)
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2019, 03:05:40 PM »
If this is an issue you're having with a third-party HCS Voice Packs product, I'd recommend contacting them directly using their forum.

Okobojiwan

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2019, 08:33:54 PM »
No, the issue does not appear to be related to the voice pack.  As I stated in my post, the problem started immediately after installing Voice Attack Ver. 1.7.5 and it does not make any difference which voice pack is being used.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2019, 08:49:25 PM »
The message you're referring to is produced by the profile you're using, not VoiceAttack itself.

If something changed in v1.7.5 that causes a third-party profile to stop working, you'll want to first check if there are any updates available for it, and otherwise contact its creator.

TheThingIs

• Global Moderator
    • HCS Voicepacks
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2019, 01:23:56 AM »
try running VA as admin and see if that helps
The Singularity profile - One profile to rule them all and at HCS we bound them ;)

You see, TheThingIs, eventually you'll be allright.

Okobojiwan

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2019, 12:30:01 PM »
Thank you TheThingIs, I will try your suggestion.  If it does not work, I am going to uninstall Voice Attack, and reinstall using a fresh download.  The copy of Ver. 1.7.5 that I installed may have been corrupted during the download process. If that does not correct the problem, I will ask VoiceAttack Support for help.

Pfeil, if VoiceAttack carried out the command and the voice pack gave the wrong response, I would agree that the problem lies in the voice packs or the profile.  However, VoiceAttack is recognizing the command, but not executing the key strokes necessary to carry it out.  Therefore, I must assume that the problem exist within VoiceAttack.  VoiceAttack is not recognizing when things (landing gear, weapons, cargo scoop, etc.) are deployed.  VoiceAttack "thinks" that they are always retracted, thereby causing the voice pack to play the "That is already been done" message.

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2019, 12:35:44 PM »
Here is a thread that may help:  https://forum.voiceattack.com/smf/index.php?topic=53.0

Running as an admin will most likely solve your problem, as you've probably set up your target app (ED) to run in a higher security context than you are running VoiceAttack.

I interpreted,
Voice Attack responds "That has already been done."
as meaning the profile was refusing to do something based on internal conditions and not because Windows was blocking VA.  Hope that helps some!