Author Topic: Load another profile without switching  (Read 3271 times)

Ectropian

Load another profile without switching
« on: January 01, 2019, 01:11:48 PM »
So I know you can Switch profiles, and Import profiles into other profiles.. but is there any way to "load" a profile and "unload" it from your current profile without switching? Example: VMX Player when sometimes i want to play without loading all commands, but sometimes i want to have music.

Only thing I can think of is to create a "mirror" profile (exactly like your original) that already imports commands from another profile, and just switch to the one that I want to incorporate others from. Any other ideas?

Gary

• Administrator
Re: Load another profile without switching
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2019, 01:23:03 PM »
There's no way to just merge commands from other profiles on demand.  It would be cool to just be able to turn linked profiles on and off, though.

What is wrong with linking in your VMX commands?  Even if there were like a thousand commands, you probably wouldn't be able to tell the difference in performance (if that is the concern).

Ectropian

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2019, 11:14:49 PM »
Thanks Gary.  Sorry to bump this thread again, but is there a way to enable/disable "sections" of the same profile, thus creating multiple profiles inside one?   i.e. you would have your Base commands, but a different section for each game or role you might play.  I would liken this to HCS's Singularity profile, but unfortunately the .vap is locked to view HOW they managed to do it.

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2019, 08:07:37 AM »
I'm not sure what HCS is doing down in there to make things appear that way.

In the current beta that's out there, you can enable and disable commands on the fly for the current session (this is a feature of inline functions).  The interface for these functions will be changing in an upcoming beta - they've been moved to a different object:
 SetCommandSessionEnabled(String commandName, Boolean bEnabled) and GetCommandSessionEnabled(String commandName)

Not sure yet if those will be moved to an actual action that's available in the user interface.

There's also some thought on adding support for disabling/enabling commands via category (which may actually get added now that we're talking about it), or adding a totally new grouping field (that  may be going a tad too far, though).

Ectropian

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2019, 11:29:31 AM »
That sounds like what I'm trying to do.  Enable/Disable entire groups of commands based on current session.  Currently I have multiple profiles which include a basic profile addition.  I'm finding that I may have to make multiple duplicates of each profile based on the multiple tasks I'm currently working on.  Anyway, Thanks for the reply.

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2019, 10:36:57 PM »
The next beta will have a 'SetSessionEnabledByCategory(string CategoryName, Boolean Enabled)' method added that will allow you to enable or disable commands of a given category.  You will be able to access this through an inline function (or even a plugin).  It's just like the 'SetSessionEnabled' single-command function, but works against multiple commands.
Hoping to have the next beta out very soon.