Author Topic: "Load Profile on Startup" behavior clarification  (Read 2456 times)

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
"Load Profile on Startup" behavior clarification
« on: March 08, 2019, 08:29:09 AM »
Back once again for the renegade master some silly nitpicking:

The "Load Profile on Startup" option on the "General" tab of the "Options" window has the default/top item named "None".

The meaning of this item is clarified in the documentation:
Quote from: VoiceAttackHelp.pdf page 101
Load Profile on Startup
This option will allow you to select a profile that gets loaded when VoiceAttack is
launched. Setting this option to, ‘None’ will revert back to the default behavior, which is
loading the last-used profile on startup.

However, this is not really made clear in the GUI; The tooltip for the combobox control makes no mention of it("Select the profile that you would like to load up when VoiceAttack is launched.") either.

As obvious as it seems that VoiceAttack can't start without loading a profile, I feel it may be worthwhile changing the name of this item to be a more accurate description of what behavior can be expected.

For example, the "Override Default Playback Device" option on the "Audio" tab has the default/top option named "Do not override (use Windows Default Playback Device)", making it very clear what that selection will do.
The "Mouse Click Recognition" option of the "Hotkeys" tab on the other hand, does also have the default/top item named "None", but here it is descriptive and succinct, as selecting it will result in no mouse click recognition being active(I.E. there is no "fallback" behavior).

I feel something like "Last-used profile" could be fitting.