Author Topic: Quick Input does not output what I wrote  (Read 3038 times)

digitalcleaner

Quick Input does not output what I wrote
« on: February 24, 2019, 06:44:30 PM »
I'm using VA to issue a command in console for Witcher 3.

In this case I use a voice command to execute this. The console command is "Cat(0)" to turn cats eye off and "Cat(1)" to turn cats eye on. The voice command opens console, quick inputs, hits enter, closes console. Perfect, accept

one major issue, "Cat(0/1)" comes out "cat90)" or some other gibberish or upper case letters that should be lower case.

No matter how I have tried to make Quick input work with shift or not it doesn't work. I've tried to spell it out using "Key Press" one letter at a time, it does the same thing, gibberish giving random characters for "(".

Can someone help me? I just want VA to output what I put in Input!!!

Here is edit command
==============
Press' ~ key and hold for 0.1 seconds and release
Quick Input, 'Cat(1)'
Press Enter Key and hold for 0.1 seconds and release
Press'~ key and hold for 0.1 seconds and release
==============

iceblast

Re: Quick Input does not output what I wrote
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2019, 06:52:02 PM »
I would try it like this.

Code: [Select]
Quick Input, 'Cat'
Quick Input, '('
Quick Input, '0'
Quick Input, ')'

This way, VA wouldn't internally change what you want written.

digitalcleaner

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2019, 07:14:43 PM »
I've tried doing it singularly. ( still get's replaced with 9 and other letters get capitalized and witcher 3 console commands are case sensitive.

digitalcleaner

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2019, 07:29:25 PM »
This link will take you to a photo of the console output ingame. The red shows the output from the commands you told me to use in VA, and is the output I see no matter how I do it as stated in my original post.

Notice the output changed each time I used it, but I used the same command to turn it on both times. Weird eh?

https://photos.app.goo.gl/FBgkNgm4QZydJB4cA

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2019, 07:45:50 PM »
This could be down to timing. How long are you holding keys for with Quick Input?

Depending on the application, you may also need to release keys for a certain amount of time, which in Quick Input is only possible using the "[PAUSE:]" indicator.

Have you tested your command in notepad(which should be more forgiving of timing issues)?

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2019, 08:03:24 PM »
I believe Pfeil is right.  Behind the scenes, Quick Input is simulating a shift key (where needed) while it, 'types' out your text.  Since games work on a polling mechanism to test for key state, there is most likely a timing issue here.  Try increasing the, 'Hold keys down' option (and the aforementioned Notepad test).

Something else to try is to put a value in the clipboard and then paste the clipboard (CTRL + V or Shift + Insert) to the application.  I do this with WoW where you have to type out the names of certain actions to have them invoked.  It's a lot faster than typing out a long keyword (and more reliable if you're potentially pressing other keys around the same time):
Other > Windows > Set a Text Value to the Windows Clipboard

digitalcleaner

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2019, 11:03:26 PM »
I've tried adding pauses. Both with single key with pauses and with quick input. Nothing stops it from adding "shift" into the mix, when there is no command for that. I've even tried adding shift + key to circumvent it. Doesn't do a thing to stop it.

And using the clipboard. The console does not accept the clipboard. For some reason it won't push in there. That is; windows > set a text value from clipboard. I used a script for clipboard from another page referencing a similar issue someone posted in 2017 about quick input.

So I didn't just blow in here without exhausting the FAQ and forums. I tested a lot of variables with pauses, clipboard, single key press and quick input. None of them worked without having that weird shift bug. Also noteworthy is that new characters not even related to the key presses are being added at random. Usually it's "9" instead of "(", but then there is also the capitalized letters out of the blue.

As you can see in the picture, there is an exclamation point added.. that is random and really strange. Every say, 3rd or 4th time I use the same script or quick input it still adds a random letter.

I am wondering if it is pushing into the game console something more than just text. Html tags, or not ascii. You guys would know better.

digitalcleaner

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2019, 11:21:16 PM »
"ctrl + v" paste is not working using "key press".. it is only putting a "v" into the console.

What is the best way to make VA actually paste? other than "CTRL + V" through "key press"?

digitalcleaner

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2019, 12:27:47 AM »
Seems the console does not have cut and paste capability from clipboard. So, I am stuck with spelling them out. This means I need to figure out why VA is randomly adding uppercase letters and refuses to type the "(" with the shift in "key press".

iceblast

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2019, 05:20:36 AM »
Hmm, try using the recorder function. Turn on recorder, and manually enter the command into the game console. Then stop recording. That way, you have all the proper time delays for the game. Then try running the command you just created, and see if the game sees it properly.

iceblast

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2019, 08:06:51 AM »
I installed The Witcher 3.

This command works with console. Looks like the console just needs the standard 0.06 delay between key presses.

Code: [Select]
Press C key and hold for 0.06 seconds and release
Press A key and hold for 0.06 seconds and release
Press T key and hold for 0.06 seconds and release
Press down Left Shift key
Pause 0.06 seconds
Press 9 key and hold for 0.06 seconds and release
Pause 0.06 seconds
Release Left Shift key
Pause 0.06 seconds
Press 1 key and hold for 0.06 seconds and release
Pause 0.06 seconds
Pause 0.06 seconds
Press 0 key and hold for 0.06 seconds and release
Release Left Shift key

Give it a try, let us know if it works for you as well.

digitalcleaner

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2019, 12:10:23 AM »
The spaces of shift combined with .06 worked! Hats off to you and thanks for sharing/helping.

Just in case someone is reading this trying to Witcher 3 cat on/off here is the script that actually works;

Press ~ key and hold for 0.06 seconds and release
pause 0.06 seconds
pause 0.06 seconds
Press C key and hold for 0.06 seconds and release
pause 0.06 seconds
Release Left Shift key
pause 0.06 seconds
Press A key and hold for 0.06 and release
Press T key and hold for 0.06 and release
pause 0.06 seconds
Press 9 key and hold for 0.06 seconds release
pause 0.06 seconds
Release Left Shift Key
pause 0.06 seconds
Press 3 key and hold for 0.06 seconds and release
pause 0.06 seconds
pause 0.06 seconds
Press 0 key and hold for 0.06 seconds and release
pause 0.06 seconds
Release Left Shift key
pause 0.06 seconds
Press Enter key and hold for 0.06 seconds and release
Press ~ key and hold for 0.06 seconds and release

===============
;to turn off Cats eye/night vision just change the 3 to a 0 for that script. The rest stays the same other than the command you assign to kick it off of course.

iceblast

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2019, 10:15:13 AM »
That's great, glad it worked out for you!