Author Topic: VA is Unresponsive in DCS World  (Read 2126 times)

Habu

VA is Unresponsive in DCS World
« on: December 18, 2018, 01:46:25 PM »
I am reopening this issue because it remains unresolved to this day and perhaps someone else has encountered the problem. Some sort of bug exists between my hardware, VA, and Win 10 v1803. When DCS is the focus window the sound indicator bar at the bottom of VA window shows red and full volume even tho I am using PTT, headset mic and no ambient noise. My sound is from Realtek ALC1220 chip on Gigabyte Z370 Aorus mobo and I have tried sound drivers 6.0.1.8210 and (newest) 6.0.1.8454 with no change in behavior. Reverting back to Win 10 v1709 resumes normal program behavior. I have tried every sound setting combination imaginable, yet the issue remains.

I have checked sound settings and sound driver and am stumped. Anyone have any advice on how to troubleshoot? I am pretty adept at PC stuff.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: VA is Unresponsive in DCS World
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2018, 02:47:02 PM »
So, this did not actually resolve the problem?

Habu

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2018, 06:05:56 AM »
Nope. False positive.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2018, 01:43:20 PM »
Have you listened to the microphone input to verify there is no noise when DCS has focus?

If you mute DCS in the Volume Mixer, does this still happen?

To do the former, right-click the speaker icon in the system tray, click "Sounds" in the context menu, click the "Recording" tab, double-click your microphone, click the "Listen" tab, check "Listen to this device", click "OK" or "Apply"

Habu

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2018, 03:17:32 PM »
Appreciate your interest. Reverted back to 1709, so too late for more testing; however, I did verify that problem does not present when in-game volume = 0, so has to be the game program noise being "heard" by VA for some reason, which over-rides other inputs. I am sure I am not the only DCS player with this hardware (Gigabyte Z370 mobo, Nvidia GTX 1070), so a real mystery why I experience this behavior. My plan is to wait until next version of Win 10 is pushed, then try again. These episodes consume 2 days, tho.

I should add that the setting change in the Realtek Audio Manager I referenced earlier does resolve the issue temporarily. Issue resumes when DCS is re-started.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 05:11:32 AM by Habu »

Habu

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2019, 05:54:19 PM »
This issue finally resolved. Updated Win 10 to v 1809 and installed new Realtek audio driver (Dec 2018). One of those, or both, resolved the issue.