Author Topic: Option to set Playback Device  (Read 4184 times)

Alastor

Option to set Playback Device
« on: January 30, 2019, 06:53:46 AM »
Greetings

I know we have "Set windows Default Audio Playback Device On Startup"
 but this wont help me at all since im using 3 audio devices and i need to ahve primary one then second for coms and thrid for voice attack but i cant ultilize this as VoiceAttack is playing all his sounds to primary Audio Playback device at all time so thats my thought

Having it played all the time to primary device is kinda annoying if users are using complex audio setups liek this VoiceAttack would heavly interfire with it so i would realy welcome possibility to just "Set Audio Playback Device" for a whole program

There is a lot of options that overrides the default device right now but why to override it if we could just set it as default in this case

EDIT by Pfeil: Functionality already available, as mentioned.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2020, 12:18:10 PM by Pfeil »

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Option to set Playback Device
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2019, 03:15:02 PM »
You can use the "Override Default Playback Device" option for sounds, and the "Override Default Text-To-Speech Device" option for TTS to make VoiceAttack play audio through a specific device.

Are these not what you're looking for? They should solve the issue of VoiceAttack always playing to the default device.

If you want to set another application's default audio devices, this is built into Windows 10(since the April 2018 update, 1803); Search the start menu for "App Volume" and it should link you to the sound mixer options where you can find this feature.

Alastor

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2019, 09:01:35 PM »
Well im using Win7 64x

But kinda shame to explain a bit more i have 3 Audio Devices and from on fly audio recording reasons i need to play VAs sounds to Device 3 (device 1 are my system sounds [NEEDS TO STAY PRIMARY] / device 2 are comns like skype and Discords )

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2019, 09:44:33 PM »
i need to play VAs sounds to Device 3
Do the two options I referenced not do this for you?

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2019, 10:22:45 PM »
If you need to play sounds or TTS out of specific channels, you can do this from within the, 'Play a sound' action or the, 'Say Something with TTS' option.

If you need to change the default playback device for all of Windows (not recommended, but there if you need it - really left over as a legacy feature), that option is near the bottom of the Audio tab on the Options screen or it can be set from the command line (the command line feature is what I use a lot).  This is what I believe you're using - don't use this.

If you need to change the default playback device for VoiceAttack's sounds or TTS, you can do this by changing the options, 'Override Default Playback Device' and/or 'Override Default Text-to-Speech Device' on the, 'Audio' tab on the Options screen as Pfeil was explaining.  This is what you need.

Outside of that, there's no other audio functionality provided with VoiceAttack, unfortunately.  Hope that helps!

Alastor

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2019, 04:43:49 AM »
I didnt understand you suggestion at first sorry im not that good with VA yet (y)
so i solved my issue with selecting Audio Output Types tp Intergrated Components this way i could force it via Overriding default playback device I was changing its function for some reason with second function names "Set Windows Default Audio Device on Startup" since that was doing the mess in my settings Thank you for all the help i ahve a bit complicated when it cames to my sound settings

To let you know
1st Device is Input is use for games / movies / music generaly main default sound device for all of windows
2nd Device is AUX Input for Skype / Discord and other communications
3rd Is suppoed to me VA

I have it like this beacuse when im recording I have set OBS to listen to AUX Output that is mix of my Windows sounds and coms so i have everything recorded while i can just swtich one button and start sending windows sounds to second device so i can play music via discord or so ... plus i wanted VA to play the way that its being broadcasted to my speakers and as well com device so when i talk with VA other ppl on discord hear it as well