Author Topic: VA running commands in a silent room  (Read 1852 times)

GizMoTo

VA running commands in a silent room
« on: December 17, 2018, 05:52:17 PM »
I'm having this problem that VA is running HSC commands when I say nothing, keeps doing actions i've not asked for. When gaming {Elite Dangerous} I have nothing in the room other than the PC, no radio no TV so unless I talk it's dead quiet but for example flying between planets {say 4 min flight} I just sit quiet but the whole time commands are being run, from hud changes to engine output and it's driving me nuts  ::)

To test this I made sure my room was silent except for my running PC which was set to run silent, case, motherboard and graphics card set to  silent mode in this mode I can barely hear anything sat 6 inches away. The mic is approx 12 feet away from the PC, I sat barely breathing for 15 mins and VA ran 33 commands  ???

Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks  :)

Gary

• Administrator
Re: VA running commands in a silent room
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2018, 07:02:38 PM »
Hi, GizMoTo

Looks like you have some line noise going on in one way or another.  VA doesn't execute commands unless it acts on an event, and the speech engine is generating those events based on things it thinks it, 'hears'.  You'll want to look over this thread:

https://forum.voiceattack.com/smf/index.php?topic=1635.0

and scroll down to the part titled, "I'm not saying anything but VoiceAttack keeps hearing things".

Hoping it's just something simple!

GizMoTo

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2018, 07:58:21 AM »
Thanks Gary I think I got it seems stupid windows yet again is the culprit for some reason it's upping my mic level to max  all on it's little own I'll be keeping an eye on the levels and see how I go just done a session and I'm back to normal not a single extra command was used in a 30 min session
Again thank  ;)

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2018, 08:52:04 AM »
for some reason it's upping my mic level to max

That may be because of the mic level during speech training.