Author Topic: Can't bind my hotas using voice attack since I updated VA  (Read 1791 times)

Rick66

Can't bind my hotas using voice attack since I updated VA
« on: December 12, 2018, 07:30:17 PM »
I had my hotas bound to VA commands (and I am using HCS voicepacks for elite dangerous) . I updated my VA to the current version and downloaded the updated voicepacks as well. It seems HCS has locked their commands for VA and I can't add joystick/hotas bindings to their voice commands anymore. As an alternative I was just going to bind my hotas to VA using new commands, but VA isn't allowing me to do that either. I get and error saying "unable to start joystick feature: object reference not set to an instance of an object." I have no idea what that means but if there is a way to bind my hotas through VA so that key presses and the hotas generates key presses on the  keyboard, please tell me how. This was pretty simple until I downloaded the updates but now I am pretty lost on how to do this.

Gary

• Administrator
Re: Can't bind my hotas using voice attack since I updated VA
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2018, 07:39:40 PM »
Did you use the installer to update VA or did you use a .zip file?

Rick66

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2018, 07:42:50 PM »
I downloaded the zip file unpacked it and copied the files over

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2018, 07:47:11 PM »
Hmmm.  Something got missed somehow.

Do me a favor and download the full installer and install it to your directory:  http://voiceattack.com/download
Your profiles and settings will stay intact.

Where did you get the .zip?  Was it from https://forum.voiceattack.com/smf/index.php?topic=2312.0 ?

Rick66

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2018, 07:57:49 PM »
yes, that is exactly where I got it.The installer did the trick. it seems I can now bind the hotas though VA.

thank you

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2018, 08:14:53 PM »
Cool!

Glad that sorted things out.  Not sure what happened there ;)