Author Topic: Backing Up - Custom Commands  (Read 2113 times)

slicker55

Backing Up - Custom Commands
« on: December 06, 2018, 09:39:35 AM »
Hello,

Searched before posting but haven't come across anything which covers this question

I have added custom voice commands to the default profile supplied with Vaicom Pro

I am aware the entire profile can be exported/imported - no probs - and also that I can isolate my custom commands by placing a tick next to them prior to exporting the profile - great for backup purposes - but, how will I use the backup?

If the original default profile is updated in the future, is there any way I can import just my custom voice commands to that profile or will these have to be recreated manually?

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Backing Up - Custom Commands
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2018, 09:55:55 AM »
You can import individual commands into a profile using the "Import Commands" button on the bottom left of the "Edit a Profile" window.

Do be aware that explicit references to other commands will not be restored on import unless they were exported(and are imported) together.
E.G. if you select an existing Vaicom command to use with the "Execute Another Command" action's "Execute selected command" option, that will not work after importing.
References made by name(E.G. using the "Execute by name (Advanced)" option of the "Execute Another Command") will still work.

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2018, 10:07:02 AM »
You also might consider putting all of your custom commands in their own profile and then include Viacom from that profile. Then, just keep up with that profile.

Just thought I would throw that out there- I'm at a doc appointment at the moment, otherwise I'd have more specific details ;)

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2018, 10:22:27 AM »
To include a profile:
Click , click , on the "Profile General" tab click the "..." button next to "Include commands from other profiles", click the "+" button, select a profile from the dropdown, click "OK", click "OK", click "OK", click "Done".

Quote from: VoiceAttackHelp.pdf page 8
'Include commands from other profiles' will allow you to reference, or, ‘include’ the commands from any or all of your other profiles. This way, you can create common profiles filled with commands that can be shared among several other profiles.
The profiles that you include can be arranged in priority, from highest to lowest. When duplicate-named commands are encountered, the command in the profile with the higher priority will be retained. For instance, let’s say you have two profiles that you want to include: Profile A and Profile B. Profile A has been given a higher priority than Profile B (it’s higher up on the list). Both profiles have a command called, ‘Fire Weapons’. When you issue the command, ‘Fire Weapons’, the command from Profile A will be used, since Profile A has a higher priority.
Note: The included profiles in this set are higher priority than the Global Profiles selected from the Options screen (See, ‘Global Profiles’ on the Options screen). Also, the current, active profile always has the highest priority.
To edit the list of included profiles, click on the, ‘…’ button to the right. This will bring up the, ‘Include Profile Commands’ screen. Use the controls on the right side of the screen to add, arrange and delete included profiles. Click, ‘OK’ when you are finished.

Gangrel

• Caffeine Fulled Mod
  • Global Moderator
  • BORK FNORK BORD
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2018, 01:44:07 PM »
You also might consider putting all of your custom commands in their own profile and then include Viacom from that profile. Then, just keep up with that profile.

Just thought I would throw that out there- I'm at a doc appointment at the moment, otherwise I'd have more specific details ;)

This is the method I would recommend 100%.

The only downside is that you have to run commands by name (advanced) instead of selecting them from the drop down box

slicker55

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2018, 01:53:47 PM »
Brilliant guys..

My thanks to all of you for being so helpful. I thought I had read up on everything but I must have missed that part of the manual.

Still, this may be one of those questions other users will also appreciate you taking the time to answer.

An amazing product - totally impressed!