Author Topic: "No Signal / Mic Muted" Error & Low Mic Volume for All Devices  (Read 6676 times)

bzowk

"No Signal / Mic Muted" Error & Low Mic Volume for All Devices
« on: November 30, 2018, 01:08:13 PM »
Hey Guys -

I used to use Voice Attack a lot and tried to again recently, but am having an issue.  The "No Signal / Mic Muted" icon appears most of the time in the upper right.  I say most of the time since the microphone works, just is really low and I have to basically scream to get anything to be recognized.

The thing is, it occurs on all input devices including a desktop USB mic and my Corsair VOID headset.  It isn't specific to VA, though; as when I try to "Set up microphone" in Speech Recognition, I get an error about low levels as well.  Still thought I'd post here as thought someone may have an idea.

Below is what I've tried so far to resolve the issue:
- Restarted system
- Ensured that microphone levels in Windows are all at 100% (Boost level not an option)
- Verified drivers are latest (I did not replace drivers with compatible ones as some posts suggest as it occurs on different devices - not just one - so seems to be a global setting)
- Launched Skype, Skype for Business, & Teams and verified mic volume was up and setting to auto adjust mic (if present) was disabled
- Looked through Corsair Utility and verified Mic was at 100%

Again, it's got to be a global setting somewhere; but I cannot find it.  Any suggestions besides an OS rebuild :)

Thanks!

Gangrel

• Caffeine Fulled Mod
  • Global Moderator
  • BORK FNORK BORD
Re: "No Signal / Mic Muted" Error & Low Mic Volume for All Devices
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2018, 01:11:05 PM »
When you go to the speech recognition training/mic setup, ensure that you have the mic volume set to max.

It is also worthwhile setting any mic enhancement software to off whilst using VA

Gary

• Administrator
Re: "No Signal / Mic Muted" Error & Low Mic Volume for All Devices
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2018, 01:34:52 PM »
You'll also want to take a look at this thread to make sure all your ducks are in a row:

https://forum.voiceattack.com/smf/index.php?topic=63.0

Hope that helps!