Author Topic: Mouse Side Button to toggle listening  (Read 1866 times)

Tootiecornet4

Mouse Side Button to toggle listening
« on: December 14, 2018, 02:12:14 PM »
Im trying to setup my voice attack so i can use my thumb on my side mouse button to press and hold to make va active. I wanted to know how this this could be done? Im using a M65 corsair Pro Mouse, and i wanted to use the precision button (big red one :) ) to use as va activation.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Mouse Side Button to toggle listening
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2018, 02:22:30 PM »
If the button can't be mapped as either a forward or back button(recognized in many games as Mouse4 and Mouse5) so you can use the "Mouse Click Recognition" option, you'll have to map it to a keyboard key using the manufacturer's software.

If you don't want to lose the use of a physical key on the keyboard, you can try mapping a key like F13 to that button; It doesn't physically exist on most keyboards, but it will be recognized by VoiceAttack.
If the manufacturer's software requires you to press a key to map it, you can have VoiceAttack press that key for you(You can click the keyboard icon under "Press Key" in the "Add a Keypress" action and select F13 from the list), though note that not all software will recognize it.

Tootiecornet4

Re: Mouse Side Button to toggle listening
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2018, 01:45:11 PM »
After some tweaking i got the F13 Action to work. Bit of digging into icue software made it possible. Fantastic, and Thank you so much for the help.