Author Topic: Nahimic 2+  (Read 2008 times)

Lightstorm

Nahimic 2+
« on: November 14, 2018, 02:40:19 PM »
When I load VA I get a warning about running Nahimic 2+ and have to close it. Is this something in the works or will I have to keep closing Nahimic 2+ ?

Gary

• Administrator
Re: Nahimic 2+
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2018, 02:51:33 PM »
If Nahimic is not interfering with speech recognition, you can leave it running.  If it *is* interfering, you can try setting the, 'Disable Acoustic Echo Cancellation' in Options > Recognition (and restart VA).  If this still does not prevent Nahimic from interfering, there's not much else that can be done other than closing Nahimic, or try to figure out what configuration of Nahimic is causing issue (I would look for any voice enhancement options).  I do not have Nahimic running here to test.

Software utilities such as Nahimic alter the audio stream in a way that the Windows speech engine cannot seem to recover (not all the time... usually with a certain number of settings).  Wondering if this is something that Microsoft needs to be more aware of o_O.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2018, 03:02:34 PM by Gary »

Lightstorm

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2018, 07:37:40 AM »
Thank you for the tip. It worked. Nahimic 2+ gave new life to my ancient speakers. Now this is what I call support. Other companies should follow your model to customer satisfaction. Well done.

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2018, 10:48:54 AM »
Thanks for the update, Lightstorm.  May I ask which item helped out?

Lightstorm

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2018, 04:53:04 PM »
More of a work around. Launch VA then close Nahimic then restart Nahimic and now it works.