Author Topic: Some commands work all the time, other commands work some of the time.  (Read 4635 times)

Blight_Born

In relation to Elite Dangerous:

Very curious problem I ma running into.

Most usual instance for an example is my landing gear. The voice command won't execute to deploy the landing gear, and I have to press the shortcut key 2x to make them work after i had tried the voice command. But when I go to bring them back up, the voice command works perfectly.

It doesn't really make sense to me, as my Frame Shift command works perfectly every time with no issue.

Does anyone have any ideas? I've tried adjusting the "Press and Release" as well as the hold for .x seconds. Nothing seems to work. All of the settings (Active x and such) are the same for all my commands. Just strange to me why some work just fine and others don't.

Here is what works fine for voice commands:

• Next/Previous Fire Group
  • Frame Shift Drive (Same mapping for enable/disable for both hyper and cruise)
  • Galaxy Map & System Map

What doesn't work as intended:

• Landing Gear (Same mapping for raise and lower [toggle])
  • Silent Running (Silent doesn't disengage, same mapping to engage silent)

I don't have that many commands, mainly because once I encountered this issue, I wanted to get it fixed before I spend more time making more commands.

It seems that commands that require me to retract them again don't want to work. Commands that don't need an ending seem to be fine. But again, going into and out of Frame shift hyper or cruise works perfectly fine.

Somone told me I have to set states? Not exactly sure what that is or how to do that.

yxpoh

Did you try if the voice command works on a notepad?

Since you are playing Elite Dangerous those commands should be bound to a letter or something, is the key typed out on the notepad if you try it or does VA even recognise the voice commands?

What do you mean by "Commands that don't need an ending"? Do you mean commands that don't toggle between retract/extend, true/false - kind?

Would be helpful for us to help you if you could also show what configuration you have in the command.