Author Topic: Profile Category Confusion  (Read 2106 times)

xmerwynd

Profile Category Confusion
« on: November 17, 2018, 08:12:32 AM »
I am attempting to create a profile for Evochron Legacy KB commands. That is quite easy, however, I noticed that some commands, when "saved" would not go to the category that I selected but a category with an identical name would be created. I enter three separate Radar commands "Radar Hostiles", "Radar Mode" and "Radar Range" commands. The description for each is identical to the command. The category is Radar. The first two will be entered into the category. The next is in another category created and labeled "Radar" by the VA program. The first two are mapped to the Alpha-Numeric keys, the latter is mapped to the number pad. Does VA differentiate categories between keys mapped to the number pad and QWERTY keys?

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Profile Category Confusion
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2018, 09:16:18 AM »
Does VA differentiate categories between keys mapped to the number pad and QWERTY keys?
It shouldn't, no.

Do you have the "group by category" option enabled?
It's the second option next to the "Import Commands" button at the bottom left of the "Edit a Profile" window; A single rectangle if it's disabled, three stacked rectangles if it's enabled.

From what I can see, the category system uses the actual string to group and sort categories, there does not appear to be a unique identifier other than that.
So, unless your commands actually have different category names, they should group properly(leading or trailing spaces should not be an issue here, as they're discarded when saving the command).

Xariyl

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2018, 06:38:36 PM »
If I remember correctly, the Category doesn’t trim blank spaces. Make sure you don’t have an extra space at the end of one of the categories names (I’ve done that in other programs often enough).

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2018, 07:12:39 PM »
The category groups are only identified by the value that is in the Category field.  The groups do not differentiate between the numeric pad and the alpha pad (they are equivalent - Windows differentiates between the two for events when the physical keys are pressed - the resulting values are the same).  Spaces before and after the category name are removed, however, spaces BETWEEN the words in the category are not condensed.  Make sure you do not have extra spaces between your words.

For example:
Category "  Weapons Group   " will be saved as "Weapons Group".
"Weapons    Group" will Not be saved as "Weapons Group", but rather "Weapons    Group".

Hope that helps some!