Author Topic: Changing default voice in VA ?  (Read 9418 times)

Bumble B

• Bumble B Gaming
Changing default voice in VA ?
« on: December 12, 2016, 03:56:16 AM »
I have alot of say commands in VA and I want to change the voice to another but not the settings in the default windows?

Is there a way to change the default voice in VA only?

Or anyone know of a good Text 2 speech bot for twitch that I can change the voice on?

I found a program called "Text 2 Speech Bot" but doesn't seem like I can change the default voice from within this program.

It's abit hard to tell the difference between VA responding to me or someone saying something the channel so I would liek to have a different voice for the stream channel chat.

Thanks
--
CMDR Bumble B ö7
ASUS P6TD Deluxe, Intel i7 960 @ 3.2GHz, 12Gb G.Skill, Windows 7 SP1 (64bit), ASUS Geforce GTX 970 Strix (4Gb), ThrustMaster T-Flight HOTAS X, Cosair Void RGB USB Gaming Headset, TrackIR, EDDI, Voice Attack, ED Engineer

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Changing default voice in VA ?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2016, 04:20:15 AM »
You can change the TTS voice for the "Say Something with Text-To-Speech" action while editing the action in the "Voice" dropdown, provided you have additional voices installed.

You may need to manually change it within the commands already in your profile, for each of these actions.

Bumble B

• Bumble B Gaming
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2016, 04:22:50 AM »
You can change the TTS voice for the "Say Something with Text-To-Speech" action while editing the action in the "Voice" dropdown, provided you have additional voices installed.

You may need to manually change it within the commands already in your profile, for each of these actions.

Damn I was afraid of that :/

Would be a good option to have that in voice attack maybe? to change the default voice that it uses?
--
CMDR Bumble B ö7
ASUS P6TD Deluxe, Intel i7 960 @ 3.2GHz, 12Gb G.Skill, Windows 7 SP1 (64bit), ASUS Geforce GTX 970 Strix (4Gb), ThrustMaster T-Flight HOTAS X, Cosair Void RGB USB Gaming Headset, TrackIR, EDDI, Voice Attack, ED Engineer

ralf44

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2016, 10:44:21 AM »
@Gary it is odd that there is no setting for default TTS voice in VA and it would be very useful.

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2016, 10:54:11 PM »
What VA should be doing is attempt to use a TTS voice, and then upon failure, drop down to the Windows default voice.

I have it down to create TTS aliases, but it's kind of a low priority item.

Exigeous

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2016, 06:34:40 PM »
I think you're asking the same thing I need but to make sure - I just installed one of the Ivona voices, Emma.  I'd like to set that as the global/default voice that VA uses.  I've created a number of custom commands with "say" commands in them, those are all at the default Zira voice.  Is there a way to globally change all of them to Emma instead or do I have to go through and do it one by one?

LuckyXIII

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2018, 06:58:52 PM »
Any update on this? Seems its almost 2 years old and the last message says low priority. Has all the High priorities been taken care of yet?

jEffie

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2018, 08:21:49 PM »
That is in Edit Profile, Profile Options, Default TTS Voice.  Page 13 of the help pdf.  You can have a default voice for every profile.

Exergist

• Global Moderator
  • Ride the lightning
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2018, 11:17:42 PM »
I believe it should be possible to change the default Windows TTS voice through registry edits within an inline function. That way you could change the voice whenever you want. Though I'm not sure VA would recognize the registry change without a profile reset.

Bear in mind that this isn't something I've tested, but I'm pretty sure the settings are all there (and editable) in the registry.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2018, 07:26:15 AM »
The profile option also accepts tokens, so as long as the profiles you want to change the default voice for use the same token/variable, you could do so without affecting other applications.