Author Topic: keyboard shortcuts stops running  (Read 1383 times)

kourou

• Anything that can go wrong will go wrong
    • FANNY (Discord)
keyboard shortcuts stops running
« on: September 03, 2018, 03:49:20 AM »
Hi,
I have from times to times, seems random, an issue with keyboard shortcuts. The keyboard listening button is still active but none of my shortcuts are recognized, the VA console shows nothing, and I have many of them. It happened once when I wanted to go from one profile to another using a command to switch profile, perhaps by chance... Is there some tests that I can try the next time it happens ?

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: keyboard shortcuts stops running
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2018, 05:56:26 PM »
If you have any plugins installed, you may want to try disabling them, though if this occurs randomly it may be difficult to rule out a false negative.

I have personally had this happen as well, but likewise without an obvious consistent cause.

The recent issue with TTS spam breaking commands(now fixed) provided a method for breaking the keyboard shortcuts, and one thing I found during that particular induced failure that does keep working is the {STATE_KEYSTATE:} token. I don't know what the differences are in how these two systems check the key state, if any, so hard to tell if that's useful in diagnosing this issue.