Author Topic: Oculus Rift Audio Crashes when using VA  (Read 2057 times)

one3xi

Oculus Rift Audio Crashes when using VA
« on: July 19, 2018, 07:21:46 PM »
OK folks I need some help.

I am running the latest version of VA and I have a Aurora R7 i7 intel w nvidia gtx1070 machine. I am playing the latest version of Elite Dangerous and I have the Astra Singularity profile running. After a short period of time (10 minute to an hour) I loose all audio and microphone use and the only thing that restores sound is closing all 3 programs - VA, Oculus / ED. I have contacting Oculus, Frontier and HSC with no luck resolving the issue. I really love the product but this is becoming a big bummer.

The VA screen usually just says that the system timed out but I dont know if that is being displayed before the failure or after I close Elite. I have updated all drivers that I can find and have the Rift set as the default headphones and microphones.

Please help

Gary

• Administrator
Re: Oculus Rift Audio Crashes when using VA
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2018, 07:45:09 PM »
Are you running any plugins?

one3xi

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2018, 05:47:37 PM »
Yes...see screenshot of VA at startup. I only own one profile. Astra Singularity

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2018, 10:25:45 PM »
Have you tried disabling plugins to see if that helps at all?  (Options > General tab > uncheck, 'Enable Plugin Support'.

Have you tried a different headset/mic for a time?  Preferably a usb headset.

Running a system scan may reveal something:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929833/use-the-system-file-checker-tool-to-repair-missing-or-corrupted-system

Effectively, if there is something borked up on your system and VoiceAttack accesses it, things can go pear shaped.

one3xi

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2018, 09:33:33 AM »
I think I may have solved the issue. I had to disable all of the unused audio drivers that were loaded. The machine had a combination of realtec, intel and NVIDIA sound devices. I disabled everything but the ones used for rift audio and I have been error free for 3 sessions in Elite...Hopefully that is the answer. Thanks for your help