Author Topic: VoiceAttack doesn't execute full command & ''[SHIFT]('' issue in Quick Input  (Read 1375 times)

glitchedinorbit

Hello. When in The Witcher 3, I want VA to toggle the console option (`), and trigger a console command. The console command that I want VA to type out is appearance(ciri_winter).

This is what I have as a multi-command line in VA:

Toggle `~ key
Pause 0.1 seconds
Quick Input, 'appearance[SHIFT](ciri_winter[SHIFT])'
Pause 0.1 seconds
Toggle Enter key
Pause 0.1 seconds
Toggle `~ key

However, when VA executes the console command in-game, it appears as: appearance(Ciri_Winter). Yet, the game only recognizes this command when written in full lowercase.
1. Could someone help with getting the entire command line to be recognized as lowercase in-game through VA?

Moreover, VA does not execute the command lines past ''Toggle Enter key''.
2. Any help with getting the full command line to work?

Note: It must be said that the VA Help Documentation shows us to use [SHIFTUP] or [SHIFTDOWN] in Quick Input, but neither of those have any effect for me; only [SHIFT] works to get the parentheses to show up.

I hope someone is able to help with these two issues. Thank you!

iceblast

I don't have The Witcher 3.
This is how I would do the command.

Code: [Select]
Press ` ~ key and hold for 0.1 seconds and release
Pause 0.1 seconds
Quick Input, 'appearance(ciri_winter)'
Pause 0.1 seconds
Press Enter key and hold for 0.1 seconds and release
Pause 0.1 seconds

OR if you can paste

Code: [Select]
Pause 0.1 seconds
Set Windows clipboard to 'appearance(ciri_winter)'
Press Left Ctrl+V keys and hold for 0.1 seconds and release
Pause 0.1 seconds
Press Enter key and hold for 0.1 seconds and release
Pause 0.1 seconds

OR just use VA recorder, and type it out.

Hope that helps.

Gary

• Administrator
I don't believe that [SHIFT] is applicable in Quick Input, as Quick Input is supposed to simulate typing.  [SHIFTDOWN] and [SHIFTUP] are what Quick Input uses to indicate state.

That said, like iceblast had mentioned, you don't need to indicate shift when you can just use '(' and ')' straight away.  Also, like iceblast said, if you can paste your values in, that would be the quickest and most reliable way to get your input in (if Quick Input is, 'typing' out your statement and you hit any other key, those keys will be included unless you do some kind of input block... too complicated if you've got paste available).

glitchedinorbit

Thank you for the replies!

1. If I use the code you provided, without using [SHIFT] in Quick Input, the result is: ''appearance9Ciri_Winter0''. Again, only [SHIFT] works in my Quick Input, but not [SHIFTDOWN] and [SHIFTUP].

2. Pasting did not work, because VA would simply type ''v'' in the in-game console.

3. It took a bit more tinkering with the command lines afterwards, but VA Recorder seemed to do the trick; so thank you for letting me know about this!

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Does the keyboard display layout setting in VoiceAttack match both your physical keyboard layout, and the layout you're using in Windows?

It's under -> "General" tab -> "Keyboard Display Layout".