Author Topic: 5 second hang/delay when VA window maximized or minimized or closed  (Read 2301 times)

dufflepod

When I use the buttons on the main VA window title bar to maximise or minimise the application, it always locks for 5 seconds before actioning the button press. It makes no difference if I minimise to the System Tray or the taskbar.

The mouse cursor is static and non-reponsive during the hang, though other open windows will continue to play video (or whatever they're doing) but I can't alt-tab to them as the keyboard is also non-responsive.

Interestingly, if I double-click on the title bar to maximise/restore the window to/from full screen this works fine.

I'm running a fully patched Windows 7 with VA running as admin and have had this behaviour since my original purchase of version 1.6 through to the current 1.7.2.

It's a vanilla install of VA with no plugins and one profile with a handful of voice commands defined. I run with mouse & keyboard macros disabled.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Gary

• Administrator
Re: 5 second hang/delay when VA window maximized or minimized or closed
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2018, 10:17:21 AM »
This is not going to end up being a VA issue, as that's something that I've never encountered in VA (or in any software for that matter).  VA relies on a lot of Windows components to do all the stuff it does, and if those components are borked up in any way, VA is obviously not going to behave.

What you'll want to do is run a system file scan:  https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929833/use-the-system-file-checker-tool-to-repair-missing-or-corrupted-system

You mentioned something about the task bar.  Try removing the MSTaskbar.dll from your VA installation folder.  That may or may not do anything, but I though it worth mentioning since that is a proxy dll that helps VA work with Windows' task bar components. 

dufflepod

Re: 5 second hang/delay when VA window maximized or minimized or closed
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2018, 02:56:25 PM »
I'll give that a go, thanks.