Author Topic: When will we get a New Full Version ?  (Read 1964 times)

Mr Talkalot

When will we get a New Full Version ?
« on: July 01, 2018, 05:03:06 PM »
Hey,
Great to see all the progress being done with the Beta's
which is now up to 7.15

BUT, with that said.
I need a NON Beta version, so that I can use it with my HCS Voice packs.

Could we have a Full version every 5 or so Betas?
without having to wait so Long between Full Versions.

Thanks for your Understanding in Regards to using VA with HCS.

Gary

• Administrator
Re: When will we get a New Full Version ?
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2018, 06:44:54 PM »
HCS packs work fantastically great with the full version of VoiceAttack and rollbacks to full versions of VoiceAttack are always provided.  The folks at HCS wisely wait to release final versions of their software since VoiceAttack very well may change certain elements (even at the last minute).  As far as I know, short of a warning message at the start of an HCS pack/plugin, their packs should work just fine with version v1.7.15 (and all beta versions since v1.7).  I would suggest that if a VoiceAttack beta should ever interfere with an HCS pack, you should roll back to the full version.  If there is a fear that packs will not work, the beta versions should never be used.

The good news is that VA is in a holding pattern on the way to a full release (that is, feature freeze for a bit to make sure something major doesn't crop up).  There is no ETA on that, even though as of today it's only been 90 days since the last FULL release.  Full versions of VoiceAttack are released every few months with beta releases in-between for those that want them, and there is no set release schedule (time or feature).  The reason there are so many beta versions is because a release is generated almost as quickly as features are developed/improved (and alphas (also known as, 'unofficial' versions) between betas) so that those who actually want them can have them and the normal user base is not overloaded and forced with constant, frequent updates for things they won't even use (which is absolutely annoying).  I suppose I could gang everything up and not release features but every month, but that isn't any fun for those that like the new stuff (you, know... living life on the edge ;)).