Author Topic: Voice attack plugin to pass through to Alexa Voice Service SDK  (Read 4488 times)

Nico Flows

Gary,

Background:
      I play Elite dangerous in VR and use the F%#k out of Voice attack.
      I am reasonably handy with Node.js and a bit of Python   
      I have been working on an Alexa skill for some demos at work

So I had the following Ideas/requests:

1: Use the Amazon voice services SDK
(https://developer.amazon.com/alexa-voice-service/sdk)

in VA to allow us to hand off the detected speech to Alexa service to take advantage of the thousands of skills in that ecosystem. If you could expose the various elements of the JSON response from the Alexa skill which typically looks something like this as token lots of cool stuff could be done
{
   "body": {
      "version": "1.0",
      "response": {
         "outputSpeech": {
            "type": "PlainText",
            "text": "Alive and well! Thank you very much"
         },
         "reprompt": {
            "outputSpeech": {
               "type": "PlainText",
               "text": ""
            }
         },
         "shouldEndSession": false
      },
      "sessionAttributes": {
         "IAuser": {
            "id": "0",
            "name": "anon"
              }
      }
   }
}

You might be asking why do this. My thought is that there are commands they need to be done very quickly button presses for in game actions (power to shields in Elite Dangerous for example)   Then there are things that are more contextual, less real time that could be handed off to alexa. If handed off to alexa skill I can now do all the things I can do in a lambda function which is a lot because I can make use of other AWS services

Soon they will be adding better memory and context handling to alexa which would make it even more useful
https://developer.amazon.com/blogs/alexa/post/60e1f011-3236-4162-b0f6-509205d354ca/making-alexa-more-friction-free

2:I have not tinkered with the panels plugin in a while but it occurred to me that would actually be handy in VR
  is there something that can be done with VA to make it a steam VR app such that I can navigate and interact with  panels with the VR hand controllers? This would be especially nice if a panels could display an Card from an Alexa skill

3:There was a plugin by https://twitter.com/mape that was a proxy to Node.js which I really liked.  I wrote some plugins using it but he is not maintaining it anymore.   Is there a way to allow Node.js plugins natively

lastly as has been said 1000 times by others here .... I LOVE LOVE LOVE Voiceattack and would be happy to pay another $10 for an Alexa integration plugin and VR "features". Since the $8 bucks I originally paid was a steal

Thanks!   

Exergist

• Global Moderator
  • Ride the lightning
Re: Voice attack plugin to pass through to Alexa Voice Service SDK
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2018, 10:34:15 AM »
+1 to see if this kind of integration would be possible. Opening up VA for more streamlined IoT development would be stellar.

iceblast

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2018, 12:57:21 PM »
Would be cool, if you could push a button on your computer, that would send a command to Alexa to turn your Lights On or Off, by using your trigger phrase for Alexa. In my case, Lights On.

Sometimes it's just too noisy in your room for Alexa to hear you, and it would be nice to have a alternate way of control.

I would imagine, if you could get Alexa to work with VA, it would become a good selling pointing for many people.

Having Virtual Physical Switches with Panels in VR could also become a selling point as well. :)

Tumbler

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2018, 08:29:47 AM »
I agree on this topic. Wouldnt mind pay extra to see this feature implemented  8)